Delivering Powerful Presentations
Master the art of persuasion
Deliver powerful presentations. Enhance your ability to present with clarity and impact. During this program, you will learn how to deliver an engaging presentation and express yourself with clarity, candor and credibility. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to practice this important skill in the classroom environment, record this practice, and receive personalized feedback from two professional presenters.
Gain valuable skills to deliver your point
Module 1: Structuring Your Ideas
Learn the fundamental elements of designing audience centric presentations. You will work on structuring your ideas in a way that will make a point and prove it. Specific topics include:
- Persuasion: Structure your ideas in a logical and concise format to provide a compelling message.
- Performance: Deliver powerful and informative presentations with good mechanics - voice, eye contact, gestures, stance and movement.
- Design: Quickly and easily design a persuasive presentation that is tailored to address the audience’s most pressing needs and concerns.
Module 2: Polish Your Delivery
Once the fundamentals have been practiced, turn your attention to delivering a polished presentation that is both persuasive and compelling. Specific topics include:
- Audience Involvement: Use relevant facts and figures to prove points while gaining the audience’s attention with memorable stories and examples.
- PowerPoint Design: Quickly and easily create slides to complement the presentation design and message.
This topic is especially relevant and practical for professionals who want to stretch themselves, get out of their comfort zone and differentiate themselves by becoming truly excellent speakers. The skills learned in this program will stay with you throughout your career. Whether you are a mid-Level manager, an entry-level individual contributor, or a c-suite executive, executive presentation skills will benefit you and those around you.
Common program participant titles and job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Operations Manager
- Office Manager
- General Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Brand Manager
- Project Manager
- Business Consultant
- Business Analysts
- Management Analysts
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Individuals looking to advance in their careers
- Individuals making a career change
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
Michael Foley is the founder of Clarity Central, a consulting firm based in Minneapolis specializing in communications skills and interpersonal effectiveness. His ability to connect with an audience by sharing insights and humorous stories has been at the core of his success as a corporate trainer and keynote speaker.
Prior to founding Clarity Central, Michael excelled as a major account manager for General Electric and Ameritech. As a result, he has developed talks and courses that are hard hitting, applicable and powerful. His "zero fluff" approach to education is highly engaging for even the toughest of audiences.
Michael holds a BS in Engineering, an MA in Human Development, and is pursuing an MBA at Northwestern University. He has been recognized by the National Speakers Association as a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), the highest earned international recognition for professional speakers.
Scott Nelson is a leadership coach, corporate trainer and senior partner at Clarity Central. His emotional intelligence, authentic feedback and ability to teach personal awareness have been integral in his success. He graduated with a B.B.A. degree from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and has done post graduate work in ontology.
Scott started his career as a sales manager in addition to keynote speaking on effective communication. He then began working at Mayo Clinic as a conflict resolution mediator for patients and physicians. His leadership coaching career began in 2005 when he graduated from the Ideal Coaching Academy as a certified effectiveness coach.
Scott’s experience spans internationally and involves several industries as well as many different organizational and personality types. He has worked with people of incredibly varied backgrounds, from Maasai tribes in Tanzania, to executive leaders in corporate America, to staff in local high schools.
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why Choose Delivering Presentations?
Upon completion of this program, you’ll do your Monday smarter with:
- Confidence. Spend two days getting out of your comfort zone learning proven methods that will help you deliver presentations in a confident and compelling manner.
- Clarity. Adopt a proven method to design and deliver excellent presentations tailored for each specific audience.
- Candor. Utilize specific speaking tools to effectively field difficult questions during the Q and A part of the presentation.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
Choose us for a smart, practical and personalized experience.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.