June Writing Across the Curriculum Seminar
WAC Certification Training for St. Thomas Faculty
Date & Time:
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Registration is FULL and is currently waitlisting. However, due to unexpected events, people sometimes need to drop out. If you would like to go on the waiting list, please fill out the registration survey as normal, or else contact Erica Berglund (2-6023, firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
June 25-29, 2018
After three hours of presentation and discussion, participants will have the afternoons to work on their courses and to consult individually with Chris Anson.
O'Shaughnessy Educational Center 311
Dr. Chris Anson will cover the following topics:
- What does it mean to approach writing as a process as well as a product?
- What is the relationship of writing to thinking?
- How can writing be used as a tool for learning subject matter and for critical thinking?
- What are effective ways to plan, present, sequence, and assess both formal and informal writing assignments?
- What are helpful and efficient ways to respond to student writing?
Upon submission of revised course materials, each participant receives a stipend of $500 and is certified to teach WAC courses.