January 2022 Writing Across the Curriculum Seminar
Certification to teach WAC-designated courses for St. Thomas Faculty
Date & Time:
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
January 3-7, 2022
9:30am-12:00pm each day
Online via Canvas and Zoom
Dr. Erika Scheurer will cover the following topics:
- What does it mean to approach writing as a process as well as a product?
- What is the relationship of writing to thinking?
- How can writing be used as a tool for learning subject matter and for critical thinking?
- What are effective ways to plan, present, sequence, and assess both formal and informal writing assignments?
- What are helpful and efficient ways to respond to student writing?
Upon submission of revised course materials, each participant receives a stipend of $500 and is certified to teach WAC courses.