Writing to Learn (WTL) Class Checker
Writing to Learn Class Checker
- The Writing to Learn syllabus statement —or your own WTL syllabus statement—appears in the syllabus.
- The class has 25 or fewer students.
- Your course includes a series of low- and/or medium-stakes writing assignments which are not revised.
- Assignments should include learning goals. For in-class WTL assignments, instructors verbally explain the goals.
- The assignments are used in class in order to engage students in learning course content.
- Assignments may or may not be evaluated. If they are evaluated, you use a simple rubric.