Writing Intensive (WI) Class Checker
Writing Intensive Class Checker
- The Writing Intensive syllabus statement —or your own WI syllabus statement—appears in the syllabus.
- The class has 20 or fewer students.
- You have time allotted to discuss various stages of the writing process with students.
- You have deadlines for pre-final drafts (at least one) and have scaffolded in support activities (e.g. low-stakes assignments) at appropriate times.
- You are providing feedback to students at least once before each high-stakes final draft is due.
- Assignments include aligned learning goals and evaluation rubrics.
- At least 50% of the course grade is based on writing.