Writing in the Discipline Criteria
Writing in the Discipline Criteria:
- Focus is on writing as a product.
- Students learn to write in the manner of those practicing in their field of study, learning conventions of writing and the rationale behind them.
- Instructors will offer substantive and direct instruction in the writing process, in addition to specialized disciplinary content.
- Students receive formative feedback from their instructor on all high-stakes drafts in progress as well as evaluation of final drafts.
- At least 30 percent of the course grade is based on written assignments.