Writing Intensive Criteria
Writing Intensive Criteria:
- Focus on writing as process and product.
- Students receive substantive and direct instruction in the writing process as a complement to disciplinary content, with class time devoted to discussion of writing.
- Students practice writing as a process including invention, drafting, giving and receiving feedback, substantial revision, and proofreading.
- Students receive formative feedback from their instructor on all high-stakes drafts in progress as well as evaluation of final drafts.
- At least half of the course grade is based on written assignments.