Four separate photos of St. John Vianney students participating in various activities.


Students who wish to apply to SJV must first contact their diocesan vocation director. He will guide you through the application process for your diocese, the University of St. Thomas, and Saint John Vianney College Seminary.

Tuition, fees, room, and board are all paid directly to the University of St. Thomas. Saint John Vianney seminarians live in the Saint John Vianney College Seminary building located on the main campus. Only seminarians reside in this building. The room fee for SJV is the average double room cost listed by UST. Board fees may vary, but seminarians can expect to use the average meal plan. Additional seminarian fees will include retreat and formation fees.

UST Tuition and Fees 2017-2018

SJV Tuition and Fees 2017-2018 (pdf)

Saint John Vianney College Seminary is committed to providing an excellent, affordable education to every student who receives a positive recommendation from his diocese.

Undergraduate Financial Aid

Financial Services at the University of St. Thomas works with families to determine how much they can reasonably afford. You will be asked to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), a standard national guide for obtaining financial information. UST uses the FAFSA to determine family contributions. FAFSA results take approximately two months to obtain. UST can then process your financial aid application. UST’s priority deadline for financial aid is April 1.

As UST students, SJV seminarians enjoy the benefit of the university's many financial aid programs. UST will develop a financial package for you which includes the following:

  • federal, state and local sources of financial assistance
  • student loans

Many dioceses also provide financial support for seminarians. For more information about financial programs in your diocese, contact your vocation director.

SJV provides special assistance to seminarians when family, diocesan, and university assistance programs do not cover financial needs. For more information, please call (651) 962-6825.