Build work experience through internships
St. Thomas provides a variety of career services to prepare you for internships and your job search. Staff in the Career Development Center provide guidance on resumé writing, interview techniques and networking. You have access to our well-respected Job and Internship Listings website.
- Last year, 63% of graduating seniors had at least one internship while at St. Thomas.
- The top interviewing companies that recruit St. Thomas students include 3M, Target, CBRE, U.S. Bancorp, Best Buy, AmeriCorps, Fairview Health, Ecolab, United States Armed Forces, Ameriprise Financial and Thomson Reuters.
- The St. Thomas Career Development Center helps students arrange hundreds of internships each year. It also provides resources, such as job preparation seminars, job postings, mock interviews, job fairs and on-campus recruiting.
- Each year, the Career Development Center hosts between 80 and 90 companies for on-campus recruiting.
- Ninety-two of the top 100 corporations in Minnesota are located within 15 minutes of our St. Paul campus. This includes the corporate headquarters of 3M, Target, Best Buy, General Mills, Medtronic, as well as the state capitol. UST students work paid internships at many of these corporations, while still living on campus.