Veteran/military education benefits can be applied to most study abroad programs for veterans and/or their dependents. Work with the Office of Study Abroad and the Veteran’s Resource Center to learn about options and how your VA benefits can apply towards studying abroad.
Veterans who have been stationed overseas often find being a student abroad is a different experience, enriching in unique ways. Taking classes towards a major, conducting research, or completing an internship are all examples of how study abroad can offer a broader, international perspective on a major and/or career.
Begin the Process
St. Thomas On-Campus Resources
- Veteran Resource Center: On campus resource center in MHC LL17.
- Financial Aid: Information on military benefits for St Thomas undergraduate and graduate students.
- Veterans Affairs Study Abroad Factsheet: Summary of process and requirements from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Questions to ask yourself and tips to consider before studying abroad as a student who is a veteran.
- Diversity Abroad - Gaining International Experience for Insight & Experience: An Iraq War veteran discusses their experience completing an overseas internship