Your hand-created and/or computer generated entries are welcome. Desired concepts for the poster art are ideas that capture the look, feel, and character of diversity in some fashion. Contest entries are judged on originality, adherence to the theme “Power of Inclusion”, visual and message appeal, and how the poster art captures the look, feel, and character of diversity. The use of some text is encouraged.
Winners will be announced at our Diversity Gala: Power of Inclusion
April 3 to April 25, 2018
Submissions will only be accepted during these dates.
- Grand Prize: $300 eXpress Money
- First Runner Up: $200 eXpress Money
- Second Runner Up: $100 eXpress Money
Component 1: Diversity Poster
- Must be 11" wide and 17" tall.
- Must be able to be scanned into a digital document.
- Must be related to the theme: "Power of Inclusion".
- May not include terms that would be described as offensive, harassing, or targeting of any specific group.
- Must promote an understanding of diversity within the University of St. Thomas community.
- Work to develop and promote respect for the dignity of all people.
- Help students gain an awareness and appreciation for diversity.
- No group submissions only individual.
Component 2: Description
- In 500 words or less write a description of your poster, with 12 point times new roman font and one inch margins.
- Must include name and email address.
- Please try and include the following in your description;
- How is your poster design representative of this year's theme?
- What is your poster design?
- How do you see your poster as bein able to promote respect for others and support students increased awareness and appreciation of diversity?
- All submissions are due to the Student Diversity and Inclusion Services office, ASC 224, Mail #5006 by April 25, 2018. No late submissions allowed.
- Posters must be submitted in hard copy. Student Diversity and Inclusion Services will print hard copies if electronically submitted.
- Winners will be determined by staff and/or faculty of UST.
- Awards will be presented at the Diversity Gala: Power of Inclusion
- Winning poster will be displayed in the SDIS office, SDIS website and will be presented as the main image for Student Diversity and Inclusion Services for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Student Diversity and Inclusion Services’ Mission
The Student Diversity & Inclusion Services office exists to enhance the campus climate for diversity through programs and initiatives aimed at undergraduate students. Our work is based on four pillars: education, leadership, advocacy, and community. Our primary objective is to ensure the retention, graduation, and satisfaction rates of students of color are equitable to their peers. We also aim to increase the capacity of all students to work and serve in the diverse world in which we live.