Education, Leadership, Advocacy and Community are the hallmarks of the Student Diversity and Inclusion Services Office. Our vision and approach are designed to uplift the stories and experiences of students of color in our work using a cultural wealth model and support the self-examination of many identities.
We encourage learning and development of the experiences of our students through examination and practice across those identities such as race, ethnicity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, and ability in their engagement in our signature programs, and collaborating with the DEI efforts of the St. Thomas community who support those students.
In addition, we are committed to these values:
- Engage in practices of care and compassion in the individual and community needs of our students.
- To dismantle structural inequalities and challenge the framework of white supremacy
- To continue to grow our work to meet the needs of a diverse student population and celebrate their impact and legacy on the University of St. Thomas community
- To create a more just, brave, and equitable environment to empower students
- Education and the practice of social justice and activism are central commitments of our initiatives to connect with the goals of advancing and promoting the Common Good at the university.