Living by Your Values
In this program, students will practice engaging with their core values and exploring how their everyday actions and decisions may be values-consistent or values-inconsistent.
Date & Time:
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Living by Your Values is based on the ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) model with a strong research base and broad use with college-age students. A main idea of this model is that when values drive attainable goals and a student is willing to encounter barriers along the way, that student is more likely to make life choices with integrity to self and others.
- Learn how values clarification contributes to living your life with integrity.
- Self-exploration of values and how these values impact life choices.
- Practice with SMART goals.
- Anticipation of potential barriers and exploration of willingness to persist in pursuit of value-driven life.
- Practice with the process of implementing actions based on values.
Sponsored by the Wellness Center in partnership with Counseling and Psychological Services.