Career Development Center
- The Career Development and Graduate Business Career Services websites bring you to many resources such as resume writing and job listings.
- School of Law students should visit the Office of Career & Professional Development.
Counseling and Psychological Services
We offer counseling and psychological services for graduate students on both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses.
- All graduate students can schedule a consultation appointment that can be used to help identify resources and off-campus referrals.
- Graduate students enrolled full-time in day programs can schedule up to 12 sessions with a St. Thomas counselor.
- A counselor is available on the Minneapolis campus on Mondays and Tuesdays from 12:00 – 4:00 pm.
- Graduate students can schedule an appointment by contacting Counseling and Psychological Services at 651-962-6780.
On the St. Paul campus, the Anderson Student Center provides dining options seven days a week. Click here for more details. A brief overview of other options includes:
- Beakers in St. Paul is open 7:30 am – 8 pm M-F and 9:30 am-12:45 pm Saturday (OWS 2nd Floor)
- Brady Coffee Cart in St. Paul is open 8 am – 7:30 pm M-Th and 8 am – 1:30 pm Friday (BEC 1st Floor)
- Food For Thought in Minneapolis is open 7:30 am – 8 pm M-Th and 7:30 am – 3 pm Friday (TMH 2nd Floor)
Disability Resources is located in the Academic Counseling & Support suite (Murray-Herrick 110). Disability Resources can be reached by calling 651-962-6315.
Graduate students are invited to attend all events open to the University including most events sponsored by STAR and DAB.
- Events that are held on campus, are open to all students and do not require a ticket are open to graduate students (examples include lectures, concerts).
- For events that require a ticket, there will be a ticket supply at a discounted rate available only for graduate students. There are a limited number of tickets and they can be purchased through University Tickets. As with all STAR or DAB sponsored events, students attending are required to agree to a waiver at time of ticket purchase, ride to and from the event on the bus that is provided and to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct. Graduate students are required to show their UST ID at the time of event.
- Giveaways that support campus-wide initiatives, such as Homecoming Sweatshirts, will be available for graduate students to purchase at a small cost. Marketing of such giveaways will be available to inform students of the opportunities and process for purchase.
Other general discounted tickets for sporting events, theater productions or other events in the Twin Cities are available for graduate students and the University community through Tommie Central.
Some graduate programs charge a graduate student activity fee and use this to fund graduate student clubs and programs in their school. These opportunities can usually be found on the school/college's website. These graduate student clubs and programs offer a wonderful opportunity for graduate students to get involved. Graduate students are allowed to be members of undergraduate clubs but are not eligible to run for a leadership position or eligible for undergraduate student activity fees.
All graduate students taking 9 or more credits are required to have health insurance. Each fall, students are required to enter their health insurance information into Murphy Online or they will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the UST sponsored health insurance plan.
Learn to Live
Feeling overwhelmed, anxious or sad? You don’t have to. If you struggle with any of these feelings, visit www.learntolive.com/partners for free access to Learn to Live’s confidential online programs, and begin to improve your life today.
Not sure if it’s right for you? Start by taking the quick, confidential assessment to find out. Contact email@example.com for your free access code.
Public Safety offices on both the Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses. Please feel free to contact Public Safety if you require any assistance while on campus.
- Minneapolis: 252 School of Law, Skyway Level, Monday-Friday, 8 am – 4 pm.
- St. Paul: First floor of Morrison Hall next to Lot B. Use the north entrance door, open 24/7
- Emergencies: 651-962-5555
- Non-Emergency: 651-962-5100