It's Benefits Enrollment Time Again!
Annual Enrollment Dates: November 1, 2017 through November 15, 2017
This is your one-time opportunity to make changes to your benefit elections. If you do not make any changes, your next opportunity to make changes will generally be during the Annual Enrollment period for 2019, unless you experience a qualified status event. Special rules apply to the HSA.
All employee premiums are not increasing! While St Thomas is not able to guarantee an offset to benefit plan increases on an ongoing basis, President Sullivan decided to have St. Thomas pay for this year’s medical plan 3.6 percent increase as her way of saying thank you for all your extra efforts as we continue to implement our St. Thomas 2020 Strategic Plan, explore new academic programs and enhance our students’ experience.
VERIFY social security numbers and dates of birth for you and your family members – To verify, log onto Murphy Online even if you are not making changes to your current elections. Review and report any corrections to the Benefits Office at 651-962-6520.
ENROLL ONLINE by midnight, November 15, 2017 if you need to do any of the following:
- Medical Plan – add or waive coverage, change medical plan option, add or drop a dependent
- Dental Plan – add or waive coverage, add or drop a dependent
- Vision Plan – add or waive coverage, add or drop a dependent
- Contribute to a Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account – your 2017 election will not carry over
- Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) – your 2017 election will not carry over
- Change the taxable nature of LTD benefits you might receive if you become disabled under the LTD plan
- Add or discontinue legal coverage provided by MetLaw
To enroll, go to Murphy Online and log in using your username and password that you use when you access your computer. Refer to . If you forgot your username or password, call ITS at 651-962-6230. To verify your identify, you will be asked to provide the last four numbers of your social security number and date of birth.
SUBMIT FORMS by 4:30 p.m., November 15, 2017 to the Benefits Office if you need to:
- Add or increase optional life and/or accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage for you, your spouse and/or dependents. Evidence of Insurability (EOI) may be required for increases to life insurance coverage.
- For regular hourly employees: Elect to purchase up to 40 hours of Paid Leave Time (prorated by FTE) with manager approval.
Refer to the Annual Benefits Enrollment Guide for 2018 for more information and links to the forms.
INFORMATION TO HELP YOU MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS
Review these documents and ask questions if you need anything clarified.
- Annual Benefits Enrollment Guide for 2018 – explains everything you need to know about Annual Enrollment including What’s New for 2018
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- 2018 $500/$1000 Deductible + Copay Plan SBC
- 2018 $1250/$2500 Deductible Plan SBC
- 2018 High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) SBC
- 2018 $500/$1000 Deductible + Copay Plan Overview
- 2018 $1250/$2500 Deductible Plan Overview
- 2018 High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) Overview
Medical Decision Tools
To check if your providers are in the Aware network:
- Use Blue Cross Aware Network
- Call Blue Cross at 1-800-262-0820
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- HSA Contribution Change Request Form – complete if re-enrolling
- HSA Enrollment Packet—complete if enrolling for the first time
- HSA Brochure
Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Plan Overview
- To check if your providers are in the Delta Dental Preferred Provider or Premium network: Go to Delta Dental website or call 651-406-5916
- Vision Plan Overview
- To check if your providers are in EyeMed’s Access network: Go to EyeMed Website or call 1-866-939-3633
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Optional Life and AD&D Enrollment Form
- Sun Life Evidence of Insurability Form
- Sun Life Beneficiary Designation Form
If you have questions about the enrollment process or any of the information in the documents linked above or the Annual Enrollment website attend one of the Annual Enrollment Information and Computer Lab Sessions . Alternatively, contact the Benefits Office:
In person: AQU201, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday