How to Become a Peer Minister
Qualifications for Student Peer Minister position:
• Motivation to serve their peers out of heartfelt compassion and concern for God’s people
• Be a positive role-model and witness to a life of faith on and off campus
• Desire to grow in faith and/or discern a call to ministry
• Have completed two full semesters at the University of St. Thomas – preference given to Junior and Senior students
• Have on-campus living experience
• Have maintained a GPA of at least 2.5 or above and be in good standing with the University
• Previous experience working in youth ministry or leadership position helpful but not required
Student Peer Ministers work 20 hours a week during the regular academic year (excluding school breaks) and receive compensation of a Shared Room and a Meal Plan in exchange for their service.
The Peer Ministry application process is part of St. Thomas’ Student Leadership Selection Process through Campus Life.
For more information visit the Center for Ministry, Office for Spirituality, ASC 207 and speak with Sarah Chamseddine (email@example.com) or Marta Pereira (firstname.lastname@example.org).