How to Become a Peer Minister
Qualifications for Student Peer Minister position:
• Motivation to serve their peers out of heartfelt compassion and concern for God’s people
• Be a positive role-model and witness to a life of faith on and off campus
• Desire to grow in faith and/or discern a call to ministry
• Have completed two full semesters at the University of St. Thomas – preference given to Junior and Senior students
• Have on-campus living experience
• Have maintained a GPA of at least 2.5 or above and be in good standing with the University
• Previous experience working in youth ministry or leadership position helpful but not required
Student Peer Ministers work 20 hours a week during the regular academic year (excluding school breaks) and receive compensation of a Shared Room and a Meal Plan in exchange for their service.
Click here for a direct link to the Peer Ministry application.
The Peer Ministry position is part of St. Thomas’ Student Leadership Position selection process. Check the Student Leadership Positions website (http://link.stthomas.edu/slp) for more information about the designated leadership positions.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 13th
Peer Ministry Information Sessions:
Tuesday November 19, 12:00-1:00pm, ASC 342
Wednesday November 20, 12:00-1:00pm, ASC 235
Tuesday November 26, 3:30-4:30pm, ASC 202
For more information visit the Center for Ministry, Office for Spirituality, ASC 207 and speak with Sarah Chamseddine (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marta Pereira (email@example.com).