Part Time Trainer
Position Summary: The Trainer is responsible for presenting at CornerHouse, local, regional, national and international training sessions; assisting with the development of training materials; supporting online learning; and advancing the field of professional education through research and other professional activities. The Trainer contributes to a positive working environment and promotes the satisfaction of learners while ensuring that the voices of children, adolescents and vulnerable adults are heard and understood.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate on-site and local training sessions for multidisciplinary teams of professionals and mandated reporters utilizing CornerHouse curricula, document revisions for training development, and assist with training marketing efforts.
- Conduct literature reviews and other relevant research on an ongoing basis.
- Develop new curriculum and training presentations in collaboration with colleagues.
- Use data from completed training evaluations to improve CornerHouse training services, including curriculum and personal presentation and teaching skills.
- Contribute to advancements in the fields of forensic interviewing training and professional education.
- Expand knowledge through professional writing, reading research, and actively participating in a variety of professional development activities.
- Participate as a subject of research when appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel and financial information and records.
- Contribute to a positive working environment, and promote the satisfaction of multidisciplinary team members and adult learners.
- Engage, support and supervise volunteers
- Master’s degree in education, curriculum & instruction, social work, psychology, or related human services field preferred. Extensive experience or equivalent education may be accepted in lieu of a related master’s degree.
- Understanding of statutes, the legal system, and the implications of such as they relate training professionals.
- Experience conducting forensic interviews using the CornerHouse Forensic Interview Protocol™.
- Experience working with diverse professionals from child protection, law enforcement, court systems, and related community services.
- Experience working with culturally, ethnically, developmentally, and socio-economically diverse children, adolescents, and adults.
- Understanding of adult learning theory and online learning
- Experience conducting training for professionals
- Knowledge of and experience with curriculum development
- Strong communication skills in interpersonal, written and multimedia channels
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and successfully complete short- and long-term projects independently
- Patience and a proven ability to manage stressful situations
Ability to travel nationally and internationally to provide training on a regular basis.