AVIVO - Rapid Re-housing for Families program
Job Title: Employment Specialist
Status: Part-time, 16 hours per week
Program: Rapid Re-housing for Families
Location: 900 20th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
This Employment Specialist position involves intensive employment services and Career Navigation support to individuals receiving housing case management support services in the Rapid Re-housing for Families Program. This position with be responsible for working with individuals to secure permanent employment in Hennepin County in order to meet the HUD employment outcomes.
- Help participants develop and strengthen work behaviors and employability.
- Complete comprehensive needs assessment (employment readiness assessment) for all participants referred to the Rapid Re-housing for Families Program.
- Develop individual employment plans and assist participants in accessing public and private resources to meet goals outlined in the plan.
- Establish effective relationships with area employers to promote hiring, on the job training and internship opportunities.
- Maintain participant files and submit all reporting forms and other data as required.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees, participants, and volunteers while engaging in external communications.
- Positively represent the organization, program and participant's needs, educating businesses and the community at large about Avivo services.
- Execute duties, responsibilities and directives in compliance with the overall objectives of the organization.
- Ensure organizational policy and procedures are followed.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff, agency and external meetings.
- Actively participate in Avivo’s Diversity and Undoing Racism Plan.
- Maintain high level of professionalism and attitude.
- Follow program operations according to program plans and goals in accordance with contract requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect dignity of participants in accordance with HIPAA.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all issues of significance to facilitate prompt action as appropriate.
- Responsible for working in collaboration with the Volunteer Program Manager to assist with supporting volunteer positions which may fall within your program area.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years combined equivalent experience and/or training in human services or related field.
- Global Career Development Facilitator Certification preferred or ability to become certified.
- One year experience in vocational/employment counseling, case management, vocational rehabilitation, supported work settings, community mental health, or chemical dependency services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; computer experience required.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and personalities; understands and displays high level of internal and external customer service.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Experience and desire to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Competency in MS Office Suites, e-mail and Internet.
- Self motivated, show initiative, and able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and successfully complete Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) test.
SALARY: $18.27 per hour
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Pro-rated paid time off and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a letter of interest and resume highlighting your experiences and qualifications through our website at https://avivomn.org. If you have questions on your application, e-mail email@example.com
Avivo, formerly RESOURCE, Inc., serves more than 18,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and economic advancement. Founded in 1960, Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career education, and employment services. We specialize in helping individuals and families who face personal or systemic barriers – poverty, homelessness, joblessness, chemical addiction or mental health concerns – achieve recovery and economic stability. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. For more information, visit avivomn.org.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Posting Date: 12/28/2017