AspireMN is an association of resources and advocacy for children, youth and families. As a professional association of member organizations providing therapeutic interventions for children, youth, and families, AspireMN has made a tremendous difference in its almost fifty years of service. Members serve children, youth and families in the areas of children's mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice and homeless youth services. The association is focused on its mission: AspireMN improves the lives of children, youth and families served by member organizations through support for quality service delivery, leadership development and policy advocacy.
Assistant Director – Responsibilities: reports to the AspireMN Executive Director and is responsible for support and engagement of the wider membership through strategic communication (including strengthening social media and online resources), supporting committee work, executing
association trainings and events, engaging members in advocacy activity, and participating in administration of key functions to assure organizational health and meet association goals.
* Support and directly engage with members to achieve association goals and implement projects. (E.g. Peer Review process, oversee membership
updates, execute priority work for committees.)
* Collaborate with Committee Chairs to develop and execute agendas and assure work is assigned and accomplished.
* Engage with Executive Director in support of advocating for the AspireMN agenda at the state legislature, with state and county agencies, and other venues as opportunities arise.
* Attend and host meetings with coalition and other partners.
* Develop and maintain social media strategy, support content development and website updates.
* Map and maintain direct communications plan for AspireMN – monthly updates, as-needed advocacy alerts and updates, and other strategic
opportunities to deliver key messages to members and other audiences.
* Oversee strategic development and implementation of key events, including the annual Youth Worker Conference, five AspireMN member meetings and other trainings and events as designed.
* Strategic support for thought leadership of AspireMN leaders – opening skilled discussion to further develop the point of view and deliver that to the appropriate venue (committee hearing, web post, other content development as appropriate).
* Support and supervise the work of interns and volunteers.
* Create a hospitable and welcoming environment for AspireMN members in the AspireMN office and other venues.
* Provide operations and administrative support for association activities.
* Personable, responsive and curious when responding to requests for support or information.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Technology savvy – to implement social media strategies, support content maintenance on the website, and support members as they navigate online platforms.
* Adept on the Microsoft Word suite of programs - including Excel.
* Team player – role requires significant daily collaboration with the Executive Director, leadership from member organizations, and external partners.
* High level of organization, self-motivation and ability to work independently.
* A minimum of five years’ work experience in association management, advocacy, the fields of work represented by AspireMN, or other relevant
* Experience in the areas of child welfare, children’s mental health or juvenile justice highly desirable.
* Experience in an association setting preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, consideration given to candidates with significant relevant experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to AspireMN Executive Director Kirsten Anderson at email@example.com by February 2.