A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation
Support Group Facilitation
- Hold monthly meetings, as scheduled (2nd Wednesday of every month from 5:30‐7:00 p.m.), in the following format:
- 30 minutes of topic presentation by facilitator
- 30 minutes of discussion about topic with entire group
- 30 minutes of general discussion with entire group
- Set quarterly topic agendas and submit to the Support Program Coordinator as requested.
- Post signs with arrows to direct people to the meeting room on the day/night of the meeting.
- Set up refreshments prior to meeting and clean up refreshments after meeting
- Set the tone for appropriate behavior of the group through empathy, humor, and openness
- Report abuse of support group member’s rights immediately to Support Program Coordinator
- Participate in obtaining support group member’s consent forms and confidentiality agreements and submitting them to Support Program Coordinator
- Moderate sharing during group discussion to keep the group within appropriate limits
- Communicate with the Support Program Coordinator regularly by submitting monthly attendance sheets in a timely manner.
- Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, or related human services field
- Two years of work experience in grief support and mental health field
- Compassion for families of lung cancer patients
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with families, staff, and support group participants
- Willingness to accept and abide by policies and procedures of A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation, including signing a Confidentiality agreement, Position duties, and background release.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal office setting near Wayzata with some occasional lifting required. Position requires work outside normal business hours.
COMPENSATION: The group facilitator will be considered an independent contractor for employment purposes and will receive $100 for each session facilitated.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org