Social Work Club
The social work club works to bring together people of all majors to work on social justice issues while having fun. We have meetings at St. Kate's and St. Thomas about every other week. We do service projects on and off campus, fund raise, aid in planning Social Work Day at the Capitol and inform students who are interested in the social work major about what social work is.
Laurel Bidwell, 651-690-6755 /email@example.com
Beta Epsilon Chapter of Phi Alpha Honor Society
Beta Epsilon, the St. Catherine University-University of St. Thomas School of Social Work Chapter of the Phi Alpha Honor Society, recognizes and encourages superior academic achievement among undergraduate social work students, service to the community, advancement in scholarship, and social justice while promoting humanitarian goals and ideals. Beta Epsilon fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work. Each year, students participate in service to the community and engage in scholarship activities.
The Annual Induction Ceremony is held at St. Catherine University each Spring. Family and friends are invited to this beautiful event to honor new Social Work student Beta Epsilon members and their excellent service and scholarship.
In order to be considered for membership, students must meet the following criteria:
- Has declared, or plans to declare, Social Work as a major in the St. Kate's-St. Thomas Bachelor of Social Work Program
- Has completed at least 8 semester hours of required social work courses
- Has achieved an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintains a 3.5 GPA in all social work courses.
Laurel Bidwell, 651-690-6755 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Beta officers for 2017-2018:
- Co-presidents: Zara Wolfe and Clare Stadelman
- Treasurer: Kalley Thurner
- Secretary: Maddie DeGrace
2017 Induction Ceremony