Social Work Student Organization & Engagement Opportunities
Phi Alpha Honor Society
Epsilon Zeta Eta, the University of St. Thomas School of Social Work Chapter of the Phi Alpha Honor Society, recognizes and encourages superior academic achievement among undergraduate social work students, service to the community, advancement in scholarship, and social justice while promoting humanitarian goals and ideals. The honor society fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work. Each year, students participate in service to the community and engage in scholarship activities.
The Annual Induction Ceremony is held each spring. Family and friends are invited to this beautiful event to honor new Social Work student members and their excellent service and scholarship.
In order to be considered for membership, students must meet the following criteria:
- Has declared, or plans to declare, Social Work as a major in the St. Thomas Bachelor of Social Work Program
- Has completed at least 8 semester hours of required social work courses
- Has achieved an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintains a 3.5 GPA in all social work courses.
- Is in the top 35% of students in the social work program.
Other Engagement Opportunities
BSW students should also explore the many other opportunities on campus to become engaged:
- Explore volunteering and "changemaking" opportunities through the University of St. Thomas' Center for the Common Good
- Explore other clubs, organizations & events at St. Thomas with Student Affairs' Tommie Link
- Explore St. Thomas' Student Diversity & Inclusion Services and the Diversity & Inclusion Student Organizations
- Check out the many events, programs & initiatives through the Luann Dummer Center for Women