Our MSW provides exceptional preparation for clinical social work practice, licensure, and life-long professional development.
Master of Social Work
Multiple Completion Options
- Advanced Standing for those with a BSW (42 cr) and Regular Standing (60 cr) programs
- Full-time and “Extended”/part-time options
- Weekday/Evening and Weekend Cohort (one weekend per month) formats
- View or download our “Program Options”
Our Clinical Practice Advantage
The St. Kate's-St. Thomas MSW has been exclusively focused on clinical social work practice for 25 years.
- Unrivaled regional network of clinical field partners and over 2000 clinically-prepared MSW alumni
- Field placements that provide clinical supervision within a statewide network of collaborative partnerships in a wide variety of clinical social work community settings
- Students take 39 credits of advanced clinical coursework following foundation curriculum
- 20+ clinically-licensed and engaged MSW faculty = mentors with diverse areas of clinical interest and expertise
- All students complete a clinical research project
- Exceptional preparation for clinical licensure
Other Distinctive Features
- “Large school” resources and network with “small school” environment and student-centered approach
- Full access to graduate services and facilities at both St. Kate's and St. Thomas
- Opportunities to focus in a particular area of practice through choice of elective courses, field practica, and clinical research project
- Three Area of Emphasis Scholars programs in critical, emerging practice areas: Aging, Military, and Practice with Immigrants & Refugees
- Principles of faith and reason inform our curriculum and prioritize social justice. Our Social Work for Social Justice - Ten Principles have been adopted by schools of social work across the country.
- St. Kate's - St. Thomas School of Social Work ranked in the top 25 percent of programs nationally by U.S. News & World Report