St. Kate's - St. Thomas Selected for Social Work and Health Care Initiative
The St. Kate's - St. Thomas School of Social Work is proud to announce that it has been selected as one of just ten schools in the nation to participate in Social Work HEALS: Social Work Health Care Education and Leadership Scholars.
- Arizona State University
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Michigan State University
- St. Catherine University and University of St. Thomas School of Social Work
- Southern University at New Orleans
- University of Central Florida
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Maryland, Baltimore, and University of Maryland Baltimore County
- University of South Carolina
- University of Texas, Austin
Social Work HEALS is a partnership of CSWE and the National Association of Social Workers Foundation that aims to develop the next generation of health-care social work leaders who will stand ready to lead efforts to address system-level changes, to heighten awareness of prevention and wellness, and to address the issues of structural racism that are embedded in social institutions.
This five-year grant will support up to 20 BSW and MSW students with $110,000 in funding. Social work students selected to participate in the HEALS program will have the opportunity to experience robust healthcare education and training, connect with peers, advocate for policy issues, and practice as members of interprofessional health-care teams.