SSW Well-Represented at 2018 BPD
Eleven St. Kate's - St. Thomas students, alumni and faculty presented at the 2018 Baccalaureate Program Directors meeting in Atlanta, GA, March 14 - 18 (see list of presentations below). In addition to these presentations, addtional DSW students and alumni attended the conference as active participants and exhibitors. Thank you, as well, to all who attended our 2018 DSW reception at BPD - it was wonderful to see you!
- Teresa Beadlescomb, DSW class of 2018, Why Aren't Students of Color Staying in BSW Programs?
- Lisa Borneman, DSW class of 2018, Perceptions of Professionals: How Youth on the Downtown 100 (DT100) are Viewed
- Cini Bretzlaff-Holstein '17 DSW, The Macro Three: A Unique Model for BSW Senior Year
- Laura Escobar-Ratliff, DSW class of 2018, Assertive Community Treatment: Efficacy with People of Color
- Stephanie Grant, DSW class of 2018, Preparing Culturally Competent Social Workers for Military Practice Contexts
- Marshelia Harris '17 DSW, Writing Workshop: Teaching Writing in Social Work and Developing Effective Advocacy Skills Utilizing Project-Based Learning
- Katharine Hill, PhD, BSW Program Director, Implementing Voter Engagement in Undergraduate Classrooms: An Evalutaion of a Multi-state Project
- Janet Holter, DSW class of 2018, Re-designing the Field Capstone Course- Focus on Organizational Practice
- Miriam Itzkowitz, Clincal Faculty, Fostering Positive Consultation in an Age of Recrimination
- Anne Vande Berg '17 DSW, Applications for Sustainability and Social Work: A Travel Study Course to India
- Carey Winkler, DSW class of 2018 and St. Kate's - St. Thomas Director of BSW Field Education, Surviving and Thriving as a Field Educator