2017 CSWE-APM PRESENTATIONS
Our School had a strong showing at the Council on Social Work Education 63rd Annual Program Meeting, Oct. 19-22, in Dallas, Texas. Over 20 of our DSW students and recent alumni attended the conference, representing their programs and their scholarship in myriad ways. In addition to the presentations listed below, many faculty, students and alumni serve on committees, associations and program tracks as chairs, members and scholars. We are extremely proud of all participants!
- Kari Fletcher, “Supporting Student Veterans’ Success in Social Work Programs and Within Higher Education” and “Women Veterans: The Role of Post-Secondary Institutions”
- Lisa Kiesel, “The Mapping Social Justice Project: Integrating Macro/Mezzo Across a Clinical Program”
- Ande Nesmith, “Teaching Environmental Justice Across the Curriculum: 2015EPAS and Beyond” and “Informal Host Homes: Connecting Rural Homeless Youth to Caring Adults”
- Lisa Richardson, “Closing the Health Gap through Social Work Leadership: The HEALS Program”
- Carey Winkler, “Challenging the Language of Difference in Social Work Education Competencies”
Doctoral Student Presentations
- Mindy Eaves, “The African American Female Faculty Experience: Diversity in Social Work Education”
- Janet Holter, “The Development of Professional Identity in Undergraduate Social Work Field Education”
- Stephanie Grant, “Leveraging Efforts to Foster Resilience in Military Social Work”
- Andrew Thompson, “Promoting Smart Decarceration through Forensic Assertive Community Treatment”
- Rebecca Coleman ’17 DSW, “Project-Based Learning: Using Small Groups to Strengthen Community Collaborations and Solutions"
- Cindy Locklear ’17 DSW, “Developing Interprofessional Collaboration Through Participation in Integrated Behavioral Health Training”
- Christine McDonough ’17 MSW, “Factors Associated with Suicide Risk in Female Service Members and Veterans”
- Janet Vizina-Roubal ’17 DSW, “Benefits and Challenges in Creating An Open Source Textbook: A Professor/Student Collaboration”