Social Work Day at the Capitol 2018
St. Kate's - St. Thomas BSW & MSW students: Register by March 28!
Date & Time:
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Cedar Street Armory, 600 Cedar St., St. Paul, MN 55101
SWDAC is the one day a year where professional social workers, social work students, and social work educators come together to learn, march, rally and lobby our state lawmakers about matters of social policy that affect our clients, our profession, and the citizens of Minnesota.
Our voices at the Capitol are more important now than ever!
Here's what you need to know:
- Registration is now open. If you are a St. Kate's - St. Thomas BSW or MSW student and plan to attend SWDAC, please complete the registration form (link above) by March 28. By registering with St. Kate’s – St. Thomas, your registration fee will be covered! You do not need to register with NASW; we will send NASW all the names of our students who register.
- If you don't register by the deadline, you will have to register yourself and pay your own way (it's $30 to attend).
- By submitting your registration, you are committing to attending SWDAC. We will be checking students in that day, so if you do not attend but signed up, we will be contacting you for registration fee reimbursement.
Here's an overview of the day:
- 9:00 am: Welcome address
- 9:20 am: Community advocacy speakers
- 10:15 am: Break
- 11:00 am: Community advocacy speakers
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (included with your registration)
- 12:45 pm: March to the Capitol building
- 1:00 pm: Rally in the Capitol Rotunda
- 2:00 pm: Meet with legislators
Also, keep an eye out for an email regarding our program's t-shirts for Day at the Capitol!
Any questions? Feel free to email Lauren Abdill, the MSW SWDAC student liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.