Social Work Day at the Capitol 2018
Make our voices heard!
Date & Time:
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Cedar Street Armory, 600 Cedar St., St. Paul, MN 55101
The St. Kate's - St. Thomas free registration for BSW & MSW students closed March 28. If you have not registered, please register directly with NASW-MN»
SWDAC is the one day a year where professional social workers, social work students, and social work educators come together to learn, march, rally and lobby our state lawmakers about matters of social policy that affect our clients, our profession, and the citizens of Minnesota.
Our voices at the Capitol are more important now than ever!
Here's what you need to know:
- The St. Kate's - St. Thomas free registration for BSW & MSW students closed March 28. We will forward the list of those who registered to NASW-MN.
- If you didn't register by the deadline, you will have to register yourself and pay your own way (it's $30 to attend; walk-in/day-of registration is $35): NASW-MN registration page»
Here's an overview of the day:
- 9:00 am: Welcome address
- 9:20 am: Community advocacy speakers
- 10:15 am: Break
- 11:00 am: Community advocacy speakers
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (included with your registration)
- 12:45 pm: March to the Capitol building
- 1:00 pm: Rally in the Capitol Rotunda
- 2:00 pm: Meet with legislators
If you haven't purchased our program's t-shirt for Day at the Capitol, there are still some extras available for purchase at the final distribution times:
- 4/6: 5 to 8 pm at St. Thomas: (Summit Classroom Building student lounge)
- 4/7: 12 to 3 pm at St. Thomas (Summit Classroom Building student lounge)
Any questions? Feel free to email Lauren Abdill, the MSW SWDAC student liaison, at email@example.com.