PTSD Awareness Conference
Increase your understanding of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and earn Continuing Education credts
Date & Time:
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
University of St. Thomas Anderson Student Center, 3rd floor. 2115 Summit Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105
Please join the University of St. Thomas community as we come together in an effort to increase our understanding of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The day kicks off with keynote speaker Dr. Bryana French, followed by a series of breakout sessions on topics related to PTSD, such as an introduction to symptomology, the impact of adverse childhood experiences, evidenced-based interventions, trauma informed assessment, the effects of PTSD on memory and sleep, and the impact of multi-generational trauma on native communities.
- Increase understanding of PTSD symptomology, etiology, prevalence, and treatment methods.
- Evaluate how PTSD impacts social, emotional, occupational, and cognitive functioning in the general population.
- Develop a greater understanding of historical, multi-generational, and racial trauma and their impact on members of marginalized populations.
Full details and registration at: stthomas.universitytickets.com. (St. Thomas students, faculty, and staff, please register in advance)
Questions? Contact: Norman Ferguson, Jr., MFA, Director of Veterans Services, University of St. Thomas
(651) 962-6335 / email@example.com
The conference has been approved for 4 hours of Continuing Education credits by the following:
- MINNESOTA BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY
- MINNESOTA BOARD OF SOCIAL WORK
- MINNESOTA BOARD OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH & THERAPY
We are currently seeking from approval from the Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, but the status is still pending. Please check the conference website for updates.