Navigating the System
MSW Student Association Alum Connect
Date & Time:
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
UST - McNeely Hall, Room 100
A panel of alumni will tell their stories and share their perspectives of how they navigated the system from graduation to clinical licensure. Each alumnus is in a different place in this process. The goal is to increase your understanding of the process and lessen the "anxiety" about what it takes to navigate the system.
- Preparing for the LGSW exam
- What types of employment is considered clinical social work?
- Strategies for finding employment
- Developing a supervision plan
- Creative ways of finding and meeting the supervision requirements
- What if I change jobs?
- What is "seat time"?
- Preparing for the exam
- Taking the clinical exam
Who should attend? Students interested in learning about employment, supervision and licensure processes after graduation.