MSW Open House
Engage with student groups, scholars programs, field education, financial aid, and more...
Date & Time:
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
McNeely Hall, MCH100, University of St. Thomas. 2060 Summit Ave., St. Paul, MN, 55105
We will have parking vouchers that work in the McNeely Hall underground parking ramp (available after 4 pm) and the Anderson Parking Facility (#71 on the map). The entrance to the McNeely ramp is a little tricky to find, so please refer to the campus map. McNeely Hall is building #31 and you will see the parking entrance at M1 (between #31 and #32 on map). If you park in either ramp, just push the button for a ticket, DO NOT use your credit card upon entry or you won't be able to use the parking validations.
You may also find street parking on Summit Ave., Grand Ave., or Finn. Please do not park in the permitted lots behind McNeely Hall - you may be ticketed.
The St. Thomas MSW Open House will provide an opportunity for accepted students, prospective students and current students to meet with faculty and student representatives from many of our MSW programs and services. Participants will likely include:
- Areas of Emphasis Scholars programs (Aging, Military, Practice with Immigrants & Refugees)
- The Hybrid MSW program format
- Interprofessional Center for Counseling & Legal Services (IPC) and dual degree with Law (MSW/JD)
- Path to Licensure information/resources
- MSW Field Education
- Graduate Financial Aid
- Diversity Social Work Advancement Program (DSWAP)
- Washburn Center for Children Pathways Fellowship Program
- Newly admitted student information, including scholarships/grants
- Opportunities to ask general questions about the program and the profession of clinical social work
- NASW-MN representatives will have information about student membership and Day at the Capitol. Executive Director, Karen Goodenough, will be doing resume reviews for current students, so get your DRAFTS ready!
- A representative from the St. Thomas Career Development Center will share resources for students and alumni
- "Self-care" station courtesy of the MSW Student Association
...and more! This is a drop-in event, so come when you can and stay as long as you are able. Pizza and refreshments will be available. Bring a friend!