Careers in Aging Day 2018
Career Fair and Aging With Gusto Workshop
Date & Time:
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM April 5: Day Session, 11 am - 2 pm; Evening Session, 5 - 8 pm
DAY session held in Coeur de Catherine at St. Catherine University, 2004 Randolph Ave., St. Paul, MN
EVENING session held at Carondelet Village (adjacent to St. Kate's), 525 Fairview Ave. S., St. Paul, MN. St. Paul, MN. Map»
Attend either the day session OR the evening session and learn more about rapidly growing career opportunities that support and enhance the well-being of older adults and their families.
Students, faculty, staff & community members are invited to attend. ALL ARE WELCOME!
FOOD & REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED! All activites are FREE and no registration is required
- 11 am -1 pm: AGING SERVICES CAREER FAIR, Coeur de Catherine Atrium
- 12 - 2 pm: AGING WITH GUSTO** interactive workshop to raise awareness about ageism, Coeur de Catherine Ballroom
- 5 - 6 pm: AGING SERVICES CAREER FAIR, Carondelet Village
- 6 - 8 pm: AGING WITH GUSTO** interactive workshop to raise awareness about ageism, Carondelet Village Family Dining Room
DID YOU KNOW?
- By 2030, 25% of Minnesota adults will be age 65 or older
- By 2030, it's estimated that 3.5 million additional health care professionals and direct-‐care workers will be needed to care for our aging society*
Careers in Aging 2018 hosted by:
St. Kate's Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant (PA) program, Women's Health Integrative Research Center (WHIR), Interprofessional Education (IPE), and the St. Kate's - St. Thomas School of Social Work
**AGING WITH GUSTO Ageism Workshop
Program Description: The Vital Aging Network will provide a two-hour workshop to raise awareness about ageism and to identify ways in which participants can address ageism in their work and in their lives. The workshop is interactive and hands-on. Participants explore their own views, learn from each other and work together to build a new, more accurate and more nuanced narrative about what it means to age. Certificate of completion for 2 CEUs provided (the Vital Aging Network is a CE Provider authorized by the MN Board of Social Work).
- Examine their positive and negative views about aging.
- Learn about how misconceptions, biases and prejudices about aging display themselves in everyday actions and interactions.
- Explore how ageism impacts career choices and day-to-day work with older people.
- Learn about how to incorporate new and more positive attitudes about aging in their work and life.