Celebrate Social Work Month and explore the BSW Field Education Poster Session - UST
March is National Social Work Month! Learn more about social work and our signature pedagogy, field education, from current BSW students and faculty
Date & Time:
12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
2nd floor, Anderson Student Center, University of St. Thomas
"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi
March is National Social Work Month!
- Learn more about social work and our signature pedagogy, field education, from current BSW students
- Chat with the BSW program director, field director, and other faculty to learn more about the major and the profession
- Explore how social workers are "being the change" they want to see in the world
- Enjoy cookies, coffee & conversation... and a chance to win a $20 gift card for Coffee Bené!
ADVOCATE. EMPOWER. PROMOTE SOCIAL JUSTICE. SOCIAL WORK!
Did you know?
- Social work is a licensed profession
- Social work employment is expected to grow by almost 20% this decade
- Social work students gain real-world experience during 600 hours of field education (200 hours as a Junior and 400 hours as a Senior)
- Graduates with a BSW can enter a master's degree in social work (MSW) program as an Advanced Standing student and complete it in as little as one year
- Growing areas of social work practice include:
- health care
- mental health