Economic Mobility: Moving Toward Enough for All
Conference on economic mobility featuring Erin Currier of The Pew Charitable Trusts
Date & Time:
10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
St. Catherine University - Rauenhorst Hall, Coeur de Catherine; 2004 Randolph Ave., St. Paul, MN. Parking available in all lots without ticketing. See map for campus parking options.
The School of Social Work is a proud co-sponsor of this event with A Minnesota Without Poverty
Did you know...
- 43% of Americans raised at the bottom of the income ladder remain there as adults, and 70% of Americans never make it to the middle?
- wealth has increased for families at the top of the income ladder, but decreased for families at both the bottom and middle?
- a variety of factors, including gender, race, education and savings influence a person's prospects of moving up the economic ladder?
9:30 - 10 am: Registration
10:00 - 11 am: Keynote speaker, Erin Currier, Director, Economic Mobility, The Pew Charitable Trusts
11:00 - 12:15: Panel Discussion: Economic Mobility in MN
Confirmed panelists include:
- Erin Currier, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Carolyn Roby, Vice President, Wells Fargo; Itasca Project
- Kevin Lindsey, Commissioner, MN Dept of Human Rights
- Ernesto Velez Bustos, Director, Centro Campesino
- Jessica Toft, Associate Professor, St. Catherine University-University of St. Thomas School of Social Work
- Christianne Lind, Program Officer, Northwest Area Foundation
- Moderated by Dane Smith, President, Growth & Justice
12:15 - 1:15 pm: Lunch and interactive table discussions: Solutions for Minnesota
1:15 - 2:30 pm: Table presentations, prioritization of efforts, and wrap-up
* For those in the Academic Community: Immediately following the conference, there will be a follow-up discussion for those interested in digging deeper into the issues of creating higher educational access and support. Erin Currier will share additional research specific to higher education. If you are interested in participating in this conversation, please provide your contact information HERE.