About the Doctorate in Social Work
Our Doctorate in Social Work (DSW) will prepare social work faculty for university-level teaching and leadership in higher education. We partner with students to prepare graduates to assume the roles of faculty to teach, develop an identity as a scholar practitioner, write for publication and other forms of dissemination, and pursue social justice through service and leadership in the academy and community.
About the DSW:
- Three-year curriculum; 45 credits
- On-campus residency each summer in St. Paul, MN (2 weeks)
- Online synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Banded dissertation and a teaching practicum
- Cohort model for experienced social work practitioners & teachers