Publications & Presentations
Below is a list of our Advisory Board members as well as our founding and current co-directors accompanied by their research projects, conferences, workshops and presentations.
Bagley, C. & Creswell, W. (2013). The Role of Social Media as a Tool for Learning. In ePedagogy in Online Learning: New Developments in Web-Mediated Human Computer Interaction. Edited by E. McKay. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference/IGI Global.
Bagley, C., Weisenford, J. (2014). What is Best for the Learner? Are MOOCs the Answer? In Macro-Level Learning through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs): Strategies and Predictions for the Future, IGI-Global. Edited by E. McKay.
- Buckeye, J. G., Gallagher, J. B., & Gaslow, E. (2011). Mundell and Associates, Inc.: Managing when faith really matters. Case Research Journal, (31)(2),
- Buckeye, J. G., & Naughton, M. J. (2008). The challenge of leadership formation: Collaboration exists between catholic health care and catholic universities. Health Progress, (89)(2), pp. 38-42
- with John Gallagher, Structures of Grace, The Business Practices of the Economy of Communion. New York City Press (2014)
Books and Chapters
- Buckeye, J. G., & Gallagher, J. (forthcoming). . Structures of grace: The business practices of the economy of Communion. Chicago, IL: City Press
- Buckeye, J. G., & Gallagher, J. B. (2012). Structures of grace: A study of economy of communion companies in North America. Paulist Press
- Buckeye, J. G., & Gallagher, J. B. (2012). The Charismatic Principle in Social Life. In Luigino Bruni (Ed.), Charism and institution: An organizational theory case study of the economy of communion. Oxfordshire: Taylor & Francis Group of Routledge
- Organizational Mission and Identity
- "Mundell & Associates, Inc.: Managing When Faith Really Matters," Case Research Journal 31 #2
- Teresa Stanton Collett & Michael Scaperlanda, Recovering Self-Evident Truths: Catholic Perspectives on American Law (Catholic Univ. of America Press 2007).
- Teresa Stanton Collett & Robert Cochran, Jr., Cases and Materials on the Rules of the Legal Profession (2d ed. West 2003).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Judicial Independence and Accountability in the Age of Unconstitutional Constitutional Amendments, 41 Loy. U. Chi. L.J. 327 (2010). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Whose Life Is It Anyway? Texas Public Policy and Contracts to Kill Embryonic Children, 50 S. Tex. L. Rev. 371 (2009). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Advancing the Culture of Life Through Faithful Citizenship, 2U.St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol’y 20 (2008). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Judicial Modesty and Abortion, 59 S.C. L. Rev. 701 (2008). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, The Courts’ Confused (and Confusing) Understanding of the Creation and Taking of Human Life, 68Mont. L. Rev. 265 (2007). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Gonzales v. Carhart: Women Tell the Court About Abortion: An Introduction, 1 U. St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 175 (2007).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Constitutional Confusion: The Case for the Minnesota Marriage Amendment, 33 Wm. Mitchell L. Rev. 1029 (2007). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Transporting Minors for Immoral Purposes: The Case for the Child Custody Protection Act & the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act, 16 Health Matrix 107 (2006). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, A Brief Catechism on Marriage, 18 Regent U. L. Rev. 301 (2005-2006).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Same Sex Marriage and Its Implications for Employee Benefits: Proceedings of the 2005 Meeting of the Association of American Law Schools Sections on Employee Benefits, and Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Issues, 9 Employee Rights & Employment Pol’y. L. J. 499 (2005).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Restoring Democratic Self-Governance through the Federal Marriage Amendment, 2 U. St. Thomas L.J. 95 (2004).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, “No Hymns, No Sermons”? Faith-Based Pro Bono Initiatives and the Challenge of Interfaith Activities, 72 UMKC L. Rev. 327 (2003).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Fetal Pain Legislation: Is it Viable?, 30 Pepp. L. Rev. 161 (2003). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett & Shayna Rosen Taibel, Foreword: Symposium: The Ethics of Litigation, 44S. Tex. L. Rev. 25 (2002).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Benefits, Nonmarital Status, and the Homosexual Agenda, 11 Widener J. Pub. L. 379 (2002).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Protecting Our Daughters: The Need for the Vermont Parental Notification Law, 26 Vt. L. Rev. 101 (2001). View Publication
- Teresa Stanton Collett, ‘The King’s Good Servant, But God’s First’: The Role of Religion in Judicial Decisionmaking, 41 S. Tex. L. Rev. 1277 (2000).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Seeking Solomon’s Wisdom: Judicial Bypass of Parental Involvement in a Minor’s Abortion Decision, 52 Baylor L. Rev. 513 (2000).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Authentic Pluralism: The Case for Including Religiously-Affiliated Schools in Publicly-Funded Voucher Systems, 15 Focus on L. Studies 4 (1999).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Researching Professional Responsibility Issues via the Internet, 11 Prof. Law 24 (1999).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, The Common Good and the Duty to Represent: Must the Last Lawyer in Town Take Any Case?, 40 S. Tex. L. Rev. 137 (1999).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Recognizing Same-Sex Marriage: Asking for the Impossible?, 47 Cath. U. L. Rev. 1245 (1998).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Love Among the Ruins: The Ethics of Counseling Happily Married Couples, 22 Seattle U. L. Rev. 139 (1998).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Speak No Evil, Seek No Evil, Do No Evil: Client Selection and Cooperation with Evil, 66 Fordham L. Rev. 1339 (1998).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Heads, Secularists Win; Tails, Believers Lose—Returning Only Free Exercise to the Political Process, 20 U. Ark. Little Rock L. J. 689 (1998).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Foreword to the Ethics of Lawyers’ Business Associations, 39 S. Tex. L. Rev. 205 (1998).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Teaching Professional Responsibility in the Future: Continuing the Discussion, 39 Wm. & Mary L. Rev. 439 (1998).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Professional Versus Moral Duty: Accepting Appointments in Unjust Civil Cases, 32 Wake Forest L. Rev. 635 (1997).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, The Promise and Peril of Multiple Representation, 16 Rev. Litig. 567 (1997).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Foreword: Symposium: The Lawyer's Duties and Responsibilities in Dispute Resolution, 38 S. Tex. L. Rev. 375 (1997).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Foreword: Symposium: The Lawyer's Duties and Liabilities to Third Parties,37 S. Tex. L. Rev. 957 (1996).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Life and Death Lawyering: Dignity in the Absence of Autonomy, 1 J. Inst. for Study Legal Ethics 177 (1996).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Marriage, Family, and the Positive Law, 10 Notre Dame J.L. Ethics & Pub. Pol’y 467 (1996).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, To Be a Professing Woman, 27 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 1051 (1996).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Sacred Secrets or Sanctimonious Silence, 29 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 1747 (1996).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Foreword: Symposium: Ethics and the Multijurisdictional Practice of Law, 36 S. Tex. L. Rev. 657 (1995).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Significant Probate and Trust Legislation, 30 Real Prop. Prob. & Tr. J. 143 (1995).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Teaching Law as a Profession of Faith, 36 S. Tex. L. Rev. 109 (1995).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Foreword: Symposium: The Attorney-Client Relationship in a Regulated Society, 35 S. Tex. L. Rev. 571 (1994).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Significant Probate and Trust Legislation, 29 Real Prop. Prob. & Tr. J. 381 (1994).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, The Ethics of Intergenerational Representation, 62 Fordham L. Rev. 1453 (1994).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, And the Two Shall Become As One… Until the Lawyers are Done, 7 Notre Dame J. L. Ethics & Pub. Pol’y 101 (1993).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Understanding Freedman’s Ethics, 33 Ariz. L. Rev. 455 (1991).
- Teresa Collett, A New Breed of Republicans; Finally More Than a Dime’s Worth of Difference Between Parties, Wash. Times, Oct. 11, 2010 at B1.
- Teresa Collett, Reflection, in Applying Catholic Teaching: Family Life, 13.34 The Catholic Spirit 13 (2008).
- Teresa Stanton Collett, Life in the Times of the Roberts Supreme Court, 2.2 The Christian Lawyer12 (2006).
- Managing editor, American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly
"Worthy of Belief: Reflections on Prophecy, Responsibility, and Virtue. In Woman as Prophet in the Home and the World: Interdisciplinary Investigations, edited by R. Mary Hayden Lemmons. Lanham: Lexington Books, 2016.
"Ethics without Controversy?" Teaching Philosophy vol. 33 #4 (2010): 363-374 on-line at https://www.pdcnet.org/pdc/bvdb.nsf/purchase?openform&fp=teachphil&id=teachphil_2010_0033_0004_0363_0374
“Justice, Benevolence, and Friendship: A Confucian Addition to Thomistic Ethics?” (with B. Huff), forthcoming in The Wisdom of Youth: Essays Inspired by the Early Work of Jacques and Raissa Maritain, CUA Press, 2016.
“On Why and How Intention Matters,” forthcoming in American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly v. 89 no. 3, Summer 2015.
“Extend Your Benevolence: Kindness and Generosity in the Family and Beyond,” in Michael W. Austin, ed., Virtues in Action: New Essays in Applied Virtue Ethics, Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
“Teaching Virtue: Theoretical and Empirical Reflections,” Teaching Philosophy v. 35 no. 4 (December 2012) (with T.S. Bock).
“Ethics Without Controversy?” Teaching Philosophy v. 33 no. 4 (December 2010).
“Psychological Influences on Moral Intuition: An Empirical Inquiry Using Unger’s Living High and Letting Die.” Review Journal of Political Philosophy v. 5(2008) (with N.L. Homa, J.M. Cowell, and T.S. Bock).
“Forbidding Intentional Mutilation: Some Unintended Consequences?” International Philosophical Quarterly v. 47 no. 4 (December 2007).
“The Separate Minds of Church and State: Collective Mental States and Their Unsettling Implications,” Proceedings and Addresses of the American Catholic Philosophical Association v. 80 (2007).
“Ends, Means, and Character: Recent Critiques of the Intended-Versus-Foreseen Distinction and the Principle of Double Effect,” American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly, v. 81 no. 3 (Summer 2007).
“In Defense of Service Learning,” Teaching Philosophy v. 29 no. 2 (June 2006).
“On Physician-Assisted Suicide and Double Effect,” Kinesis v. 28 no. 1 (Spring 2002).
- Heaven in You; You in Heaven: Unveiling Eternity on Earth
- Managing Editor, Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture
- Woman As Prophet in the Home and the World: Reflections on the Perennial Wisdom of St. John Paul, ed. R. Mary H. Lemmons.LLanham: Lexington Books/Rowman and Littlefield, 2016.
- Ultimate Normative Foundations: The Case for Aquinas's Personalist Natural Law Across the Globe. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books/Rowman and Littlefield, 2011.
- "The Feminine Genius, Personallist Feminism, and the Call for Women to Prophesy According to John Paul II." In Woman as Prophet in the Home and the World: Interdisciplinary Invesigations, edited by R. Mary Hayden Lemmons. Lanham: Lexington Books, 2016.
- "Prophetic Femininity in the Bible, the Church, and Nature: Reflections on John Paul II's Prophetism of Femininity and Marian Ecclesiology." In Woman as Prophet in the Home and the World: Interdisciplinary Investigations, edited by R. Mary Hayden Lemmons. Lexington Books, 2016.
- "Compassion, Assisted Suicide and the Problem of Evil," Life and Learning, forthcoming.
- "Prophesy and Femininity in the Thought of St. John Paul II." In Woman as Prophet in the Home and the World: Reflections on the Perennial Wisdom of St. John Paul (under review)
- "Aquinas as Teacher of Humanity: Lessons of Truth and Love." Pages 360-379 in Thomas Aquinas: Teacher of Humanity. Edited by John P. Hittinger and Daniel C. Wagner. Cambridge Scholars Publications, 2015.
- "Love and the Metaphysics of Being: Aquinas, Clarke, and Wojtyla," Questiones Disputatae, forthcoming Sept. 2015.
- **"The Affordable Care Act and Religious Liberty: Principles of Adjudication," Pp. 179-192 in The Affordable Care Act Decision: Philosophical and Legal Implications, Edited by Fritz Allhoff and Mark Hall. Routledge, 2014.
- ***"Compassion and the Personalism of American Jurisprudence: Bioethical Entailments," in Bioethics with Liberty and Justice: Themes in the Work of Joseph M. Boyle. ed. Christopher Tollefson. New York: Springer, 2010.
- The True Source of Parental Obligations," Life and Learning XIV: 219-224 [The 2004 Proceedings of the Fourteenth University Faculty of Life Conference] Ed. Joseph Koterski, S.J.]
- "Priesthood and the Masculinity of Christ," on-line at http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=6586
- "On Ordaining Women," Correspondence in First Things 135 (August/September 2003): 2-11.
- "Equality, Gender and John Paul II," Logos 5:3 (2002): 111-130.
- "Are the Love Precepts Really Natural Law's Primary Precepts?" ACPA Proc. LXVI (1992): 45-71.
- "The 'Feminism' of Aquinas' Natural Law: Relationships, Love and New Life," in Abortion: A New Generation of Catholic Responses. Ed. Stephen Heaney. Braintree, MA: Pope John XXIII Center, 1992, pp. 237-242.
Selected Publications under maiden name. R. Mary Hayden:
- "Love: The Heart of Christian Life," Proceedings of the Wethersfield Institute, Vol. 3 (1990): 101-124.
- "The Paradox of Aquinas' Altruism: From Self-Love to Love of Others," ACPA Proc. LXIII (l989): 72-84.
- "John Paul II's Universal Call to Personalist Feminism," Mulieris Dignitatem and the Church's Social Vision: The Feminine Genius in the Pursuit of the Common Good. UST Siena Conference, St. Paul, Oct. 2008.
- "John Paul II on Women: Reflections on Mulieris Dignitatem," Quaerentes Veritatem. University of St. Thomas, St. Paul. Sept. 2008.
- "Blessed Virgin Mary: The Model of Femininity," Cathedral of St. Paul, January 2008 and St. Joseph's Parish, May 2008.
- "Contemplation as the Key to Integration," Reclaiming the Integrated Life: How Does Catholic Social Thought Counsel Women in the Professions. Beyond Careers to Callings. St. Paul. June 2007.
- "Feminism and Catholic Social Thought," Recasting Catholic Social Thought: Bringing Women's Issues and Contributions to the Forefront. St. Paul. June 2006.
- "On Prudence Allen's 'Can Feminism Be Humanism?'" Recasting Catholic Social Thought: Bringing Women's Issues and Contributions to the Forefront. St. Paul. June 2006.
- "On Elizabeth Fox-Genovese's 'Equality, Difference, and the Practical Problems of a New Feminism,'" Recasting Catholic Social Thought. St. Paul. June 2006.
- "On Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger's Mary: The Church at the Source," Recasting Catholic Social Thought. St. Paul. June 2006.
- "Towards a Philosophy of Gender," Fides et Ratio. UST Catholic Studies Workshop, Summer 2005.
- "Pro-life Feminism: A Contradiction in Terms?" Human Life Alliance Conference, Fall 2004.
- "Reflections on Centesimus Annus and the Juridical/Political Parameters of Vocation and Feminism." John Paul II and the Vocation of the Professional Woman. Spring 2004.
- "Aquinas on the Obligations of Love in Charity and Natural Law," Society of Christian Philosophy, 2002.
- "Love and Rights: A Medieval Reconciliation," International Congress of Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, 2001.
- "On the Vocation of Woman in the Church," Engaging Truth Discussion Forum, Center for Catholic Studies, Dec. 1998.
- "The Love of God as the Primary Principle of Eudaimonic Happiness," Second Annual Aquinas Lecture, West Liberty State College, April 1998.
- "Natural Law and Love: Transcendent Self-Love and Justice," American Maritain Society. March 1994.
- Plenary Keynote Paper for the 1992 Annual Convention of the American Catholic Philosophical Association: "Are the Love Precepts Really Natural Law's Primary Precepts?" Also published in ACPA Proc. LXVI (1992): 45-71.
- Sailing with Aquinas Between the Syclla and Charybdis of Christian Love," International Thomist Society. Boston, Spring 1991.
- "Love: The Heart of Christian Life." Wethersfield Conference. New York, September l990. Also published in Proceedings of the Wethersfield Institute, Vol. 3 (1990): 101-124.
with Mercedes Lynch Maloney. The Hand that Rocks the Cradle: Mothers, Sons and Leadership. Olympic Marketing Corp. 1985
- "Christ Reveals Himself as the Bridegroom," The Catholic Spirit 16 Jan 2003. View on-line at http://www.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/?archive_id=0&page_id=379148601&page_url=//www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=729&page_last_updated=2003-01-16T08:25:29&firstName=Anne&lastName=Maloney
- "Casandra's Fate: Why Feminists Ought to be Pro-life," In Abortion: A New Generation of Catholic Responses (The Pope John Center 1992), pp. 209-218. (book chapter)
- Book chapter in Living with Contradictions: Controversies in Feminist Social Ethics. Ed. Alison Jaggar.
- "Say You Want a Revolution? Pro-life Philosophy and Feminism" online at http://www.fnsa.org/v1n4/maloney.html as well as at http://www.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/?archive_id=0&page_id=1918217473&page_url=//www.feministsforlife.com/history/cassandr.htm&page_last_updated=2013-07-07T22:28:30&firstName=Anne&lastName=Maloney
- "Woman as Prophet: A Feminism for the Twenty-First Century." In Woman as Prophet in the Home and the World: Interdisciplinary Investigations. Lanham: Lexington Books, 2016.
- “The Genius of Man.” Pages 129-154 in Thinking with Pope Francis:Catholic Women Reflect on Complementarity, Feminism, and the Church. Edited by Mary Rice Hasson. Our Sunday Visitor Press, 2015.
- “The Nature of Woman in Relation to Man: Genesis 1 and 2 Through the Lens of the Metaphysical Anthropology of Thomas Aquinas,” Logos: a Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture, Winter, 2015 Volume 18:1
- “Christifideles Laici: an Introduction,” John Paul II Speaks to Women, ed. Brooke Deeley, Catholic University Press, September 2014, pp. 186 - 189
- “Woman as Knower,” Lonergan Review, Volume 5, Issue 1, 2014
- “The Centrality of Lived Experience in Wojtyla’s Account of the Person,” Annals of Philosophy, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, December, 2013, Volume LXI: 4
- “Metaphysical Realism as the Foundation of Environmental Stewardship and Economic Development,” Nova et Vetera, February, 2012 Volume 10:1
- “Women and Catholic Social Thought” Catholic Social Thought: American Reflections on the Compendium.” Lexington Books, 2009, pp. 155 - 170
- “The Subjective Dimension of Human Work: The Conversion of the Acting Person in Laborem Exercens.”Karol Wojtyla’s Philosophical Legacy, Center for Research in Values and Philosophy at Catholic University of America, 2008, pp. 199 - 220
- The Subjective Dimension of Human Work: The Conversion of the Acting Person According to Karol Wojtyla/John Paul II and Bernard Lonergan. Publisher: Peter Lang: January, 2008
- Introduction to Dorothy Sayers’ “Are Women Human?,” Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture, Fall 2005 Vol. 8:4, 158-164.
- "Is Creating Wealth a Virtue?" Bridges, Volume 8, Spring/Summer 2001, 1-32.