Students from Minnesota’s 16 private colleges and universities apply each year by proposing a summer service project that benefits Minnesota communities. Each campus selects two finalistsfrom each campus to compete for one of six $16,500 Phillips Scholars awards.
- $6,000 junior year scholarship
- $6,000 senior year scholarship
- $4,000 summer 2016 stipend
- $500 project resource funding
The Phillips Scholarship is administered by the Minnesota Private College Fund. The program is generously funded by The Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a current UST student
- Be a sophomore for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Have demonstrated current financial need
- Have a history of participating in campus activities
- Have an interest in community service and volunteering
- Be able to fulfill time and program commitments
- Submit internal UST applications by Monday, January 5th, 2015. Email a copy to OSLCE at ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu
- Interviews will be held in early January.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in mid January.
- If chosen, the UST finalist must submit a full application to the Minnesota Private College Fund by February 6th, 2015.
- Phillips Scholars will be announced in the spring of 2015.
The UST Phillips Scholarship internal application will be available for sophomores this current fall semester 2014. If you are currently a junior and your major requires at least two additional years of study, you may apply, however you must clearly explain that you will be in school for two additional years.