VISION Student Leadership
Now that the VISION trips are over for the year, we are beginning to look to next fall. This year we are saying goodbye to some of our outstanding student leaders. They have given so much to the program and are now moving on. We are looking for strong leaders to replace them. You do not need to have gone on a trip to apply! Outlined below is a brief job description and qualifications. Please look through the information and consider taking this step to the next level of the VISION program.
Position Title: VISION Student Leader
Job Description: As a student leader you will be expected to participate in the VISION leadership community. Each week you will meet with your fellow leaders as we prepare for the J-term and Spring Break VISION trips. Included in this are the following responsibilities:
- Attend the summer VISION Practice trip and Leadership training (Near end of August, exact dates TBD)
- Attend weekly training meetings (Tuesday nights both semesters: 5:30-7:30)
- Help in the promotion of VISION trips
- Interview and select trip participants
- Facilitate pre-trip orientations
- Lead a 1-3 week VISION trip (in BOTH J-Term 2019 and Spring Break 2019)
- Help in facilitating post-trip reflection sessions
The successful candidate will possess:
- A strong servant leader approach to life
- A sense of adventure
- An understanding and appreciation for the 6 VISION components
- Commitment to be an active part of the student leadership team (shared reflection, trip promotion, retreats…and much, much more)
- A big heart for people and an ability to connect with them
- Openness to explore issues of faith and social justice
- Dedication to the VISION program and the required training
- Desire to live out the 6 components in daily life
- Availability during January and Spring Break
- Organizational skills
- And most importantly, an aspiration to share the VISION experience with the St. Thomas community
Along with the rewarding experience of becoming more deeply involved with VISION you will also:
- Receive CPR, First Aid and Van Safety training
- Be part of an amazing team of student leaders
- Gain valuable and transferable leadership experience (Great resume builder!)
- Receive 100% coverage of financial cost of trips
If you decide to take the leap and apply to become a leader, it will be both a great challenge and also a wonderfully fulfilling time of your life.
Please fill out this application: VISION Leader Application 2018-2019
This application will be due BY EMAIL to VISION@stthomas.edu on Friday, April 13th by 5:00 p.m. You will be notified if we are offering you an interview. Interviews will be held starting Monday, April 16th and will go through April 30th.
If you have any questions, please contact Jacob Cunningham at email@example.com.