Winning with Integrity Symposium
Women, sports and principled leadership.
Date & Time:
7:30 AM - 10:00 AM
How does experience playing sports lay the foundation for leadership by women in business and life? This symposium will explore this connection and examine the ethical challenges that arise in both arenas when there is so much pressure to win while remaining true to one’s core values. Panelists will also discuss the specific role sports experience can play when it comes to recruiting, developing and retaining women leaders in business.
- Keynote: Summer Sanders, former competitive swimmer and 1992 Olympic champion
- Lea B. Olsen, sports analyst and broadcaster, Fox Media Group
- Ruth Opatz Sinn, women’s head basketball coach, University of St. Thomas
- Carol Surface, SVP & chief human resources officer, Medtronic, Inc.
- Moderator: Dawn Elm, professor of ethics and business law, Opus College of Business
The Winning with Integrity Symposium is an annual conversation on topics in sports, ethics and principled leadership organized by the Opus College of Business’ Ethics and Business Law Department, the Veritas Institute, Center for Ethical Business Cultures at the University of St. Thomas, with support from University of St. Thomas Athletics.
Schedule of Events:
Registration & Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 7:50 – 9:30 a.m.
Networking until 10 a.m.