2013 Summer Employment Opportunities
The Department of Residence Life offers some opportunities to work and live on-campus over the summer months. Below is a link to the job opportunities and their position descriptions as well as the application for the positions. Copies of both the descriptions and application are also available in the Department of Residence Life located in Koch Commons 106. Applications are due at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 in the Department of Residence Life.
2013 Summer Housing Information
Summer Housing is available for enrolled St. Thomas students from May until August. The priority deadline for summer housing is Monday, April 22, 2013. Below is a link to both summer housing information and the application. Priority is given to students who are taking classes, working on campus, or engaged in summer research on campus.
Please be sure to read all the details of summer housing including the dates students must be available to move in May and in August, as they are requirements for living on campus for the summer sessions.
Summer Move-in Dates
There will be two move-in dates for the summer:
- May 31 – Initial room move of some residents into their summer housing
- June 5 – Most current residents and off-campus students will move into their summer housing.
There is a $250 charge if you presently live on camps and are assigned a move date and do not move from your spring space to your summer space on that date. If you are unsure you can move on both dates listed above, you may choose to move your items out of your spring space before moving into summer housing. There will be no charge to residents if they are asked to move outside of these dates and are unavailable at that time.
If you currently reside in Flynn Hall, there is no guarantee that you will be staying in your current apartment. We will need to consolidate the spaces used for summer school residents in order to also accommodate other housing needs over the summer.
Priority for Housing
Students completing a summer housing application by the April 22 priority deadline and taking a class or working on campus will be considered on a first-come-first-serve basis for summer housing. If space is available, we will provide housing to students not taking a class or working on campus, but a continuing student for fall semester 2013 – upon approval from the Department of Residence Life.
Your account will be billed on May 23 for the entire summer session if you indicate needing housing for the entire summer. If you move in after that date, you will be billed within 2 business days of signing up for housing. If you decide to leave summer housing earlier than you intended you must notify the Department of Residence Life in advance of your move out date or you will be charged for the entire summer session. If you move out, you cannot use the room as storage space.
Rates and Total Cost for Summer Housing
Flynn Hall Apartment ($180 weekly rate) x 10 weeks = $1,800
Flynn Hall Suites ($90 weekly rate) x 10 weeks = $900
- Summer residents who will not be living on campus fall semester must move out by Saturday, August 3, 2013.
- If you have a room for fall semester you must move directly into your fall room within 48 hours of notification that your fall room is ready between August 5 and 10, but no later than Noon on August 10. Exact dates will be given during the summer session.
- You must make a check-out/check-in appointment with your summer Apartment Coordinator (AC) 24 hours in advance of the time you plan to move. You will turn in your old key, receive your new key and the AC will complete RCRs for your old and new rooms.
- Failure to move within 48 hours of notification will result in a $250 charge.
Room & Roommate Assignments
All summer assignments will be emailed to your UST email address by May 6, 2013. This email will include names of your assigned roommates and their email addresses so you may contact them. The Department of Residence Life reserves the right to make roommate and assignment changes, and will make every attempt to notify students of roommate changes but cannot guarantee notification of roommate changes after the initial assignment letter.