Dowling Hall, located on north campus, was built in 1958 and houses approximately 475 women. Floors 5 and 6 were added in 1985 and lower level rooms were renovated in 1979. Common areas include study lounges on each floor, a service desk, two computer labs, and lower level recreation area, kitchen, TV area and laundry room. Each floor has a north and south wing, and community bathrooms with private shower stalls are located in each wing. Dowling Hall is connected, via Koch Commons, to Morrison and Brady Halls and the Pit Stop as a part of dining services.
The average room size is 12' x 16', with 8' ceilings. While most rooms are doubles housing two students, a few single rooms are available. There are also two triples in the building, rooms LL-42 and 106. Desks and dressers are built-in on floors LL-4. All furniture is movable on floors 5 and 6. Provided in each room are desks and desk chairs for both students, a dresser, closet, and beds. All beds may be set as a bunk bed, two low single beds, or two lofts in the room and all materials are provided.
All rooms in Dowling are carpeted except for the following: 137, 138, 139, 142, 143, 411, and 441.