2017 Summer Housing Information
Summer Housing is available for enrolled St. Thomas students from May until August. Application for summer housing can be found in Muprhy Online in the Student Housing System. Priority is given to students who are taking classes, working on campus, or engaged in summer research on campus. Information about Residence Life student job positions over the summer can be found here: 2017 Summer Employment
Please note students not living on campus for Fall of 2017 will be required to move out of summer housing on Sunday, August 6. All other students will move to their fall rooms between August 9 and 12 and must be avaialble all the days for a potential move.
2017 Summer Housing Agreement
By submitting a summer housing application online through the Student Housing System, you are agreeing to all terms outlined below including the move-in and move out date and the billing of housing to your UST Student Account. Additionally, you are subject to any policies outlined in the Resident Student Handbook found online at: stthomas.edu/residencelife/handbook/default.html.
Any research grants to pay for housing fees are administered by the Research and Grants Office or your individual department and should be applied by those departments to your student bill. Any questions about these grants should be directed back to the appropriate department.
Important Dates for Summer Housing
- Sunday, April 30 – Application Due, must be submitted online through the Student Housing System
- Friday, May 5 – Assignment Emails Sent to your UST Email address with room and roommate confirmation
- Saturday, May 27 – 1st Move-in Date – all on-campus students must be available for both move-in dates
- Saturday, June 3 – 2nd Move-in Date – all on-campus students must be available for both move-in dates
- Sunday, August 6 – Off-Campus move out date, students not living on campus in the fall must move out
- Wednesday-Saturday, August 9-12 – Students living on-campus in the fall move to their fall room.
Summer Move-in Dates
There will be two move-in dates for the summer, the date in which you can move is determined by Residence Life after the space is cleaned and available. Students may not request one date over the other, and students selecting summer housing must be available for both move-in dates.
- May 27 – Initial room move of some residents into their summer housing.
- June 3 – Remaining current residents and off-campus students will move into their summer housing.
There is a $250 charge if you presently live on campus and are assigned a move date and do not move from your spring space to your summer space on that date. If you are unsure you can move on both dates listed above, you may choose to move your items out of your spring space before moving into summer housing. There will be no charge to residents if they are asked to move outside of these dates and are unavailable at that time.
If you currently reside in Flynn Hall, there is no guarantee that you will be staying in your current apartment. We will need to consolidate the spaces used for summer school residents in order to also accommodate other housing needs over the summer.
Priority for Housing
Students completing a summer housing application by the April 30 priority deadline and are doing summer research, taking a class, or working on campus will be considered on a first-come-first-serve basis for summer housing. If space is available, and upon approval from the Department of Residence Life, we will provide housing to students not taking a class or working on campus, but a continuing student for fall semester 2017.
Your account will be billed on May 22 for the entire summer session if you indicate needing housing for the entire summer. If you move in after that date, you will be billed within 2 business days of signing up for housing. If you decide to leave summer housing earlier than you intended you must notify the Department of Residence Life in advance of your move out date or you will be charged for the entire summer session. Date of move-in and move-out are based on the day you pick up your check-in packet and when you turn in your key for the room and sign off the damage form at the end of the summer. If you move out, you cannot use the room as storage space.
Rates and Total Cost for Summer Housing
- Flynn Hall Suites $925
- Flynn Hall Apartment $1,850
If students move in after June 3 or move out prior to August 1, the cost for the summer will be pro-rated based on the day you check-in or check-out of the summer room. No pro-rating of summer housing costs will be done for moves outside of the listed dates.
- Summer residents who will not be living on campus fall semester must move out by Sunday, August 6, 2017.
- If you have a room for fall semester you must move directly into your fall room within 48 hours of notification of your fall room being cleaned and ready.
- You must be available to move the ENTIRE time between August 9 and 12. If you are unable to commit to the entire set of dates to move, you will need to make other arrangements to move out of the space to an off-campus location prior to August 9 and can move into your fall room at a later time.
- The exact date between August 9 and 12 to move will be unknown until up to 4:00 p.m. on any given day that week. Dates can vary based on your fall assignment, cleaning priorities, and conferences on campus.
- You must make a check-out/check-in appointment with your summer Apartment Coordinator (AC) 24 hours in advance of the time you plan to move. You will turn in your old key, receive your new key and the AC will complete Condition Report Form (CRF) for your old and new rooms.
- Failure to move within 48 hours of notification will result in a $250 charge.
Room & Roommate Assignments
All summer assignments will be available on the online housing system on May 5, 2017 by 4:30 p.m. This listing will include the names of your assigned roommates, email addresses and contact phone numbers, so you may contact them. The Department of Residence Life reserves the right to make roommate and assignment changes, and will make every attempt to notify students of roommate changes, but cannot guarantee notification of roommate changes after the initial assignment letter.