2019-2020 Housing Information for Current Students
On November 26, 2018, we will open our online housing re-application process for the 2019-2020 academic year. By applying, students will be eligible for our housing selection process that will occur February 13-20, 2019. Students must apply by February 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. to be considered for the housing selection process.
The university is changing housing selection with a goal of retaining more first-year students living on campus as sophomores. As a university, we believe that for first-year and second-year students, living on campus is best for their development and learning. Our former selection process gave priority to upper-division students. In order to retain more first-year students as they move into their second-year on campus, we are giving initial housing selection priority to current first-year students in 2018-2019 who will be 2nd-year students next year. Additionally, the announcement of the demolition of John Paul II and Faculty Residence, along with the reallocation of the CDC, there will be about 200 less beds for selection on campus for 2019-2020. The good news is the announced construction of two new residence halls in fall of 2020 will increase the number of beds and parking spaces on campus.
Please use the links below to learn more about our process
- 2019-2020 Housing Selection Timeline with all important dates and information about the selection process. This document will provide all important dates and information about how selection will occur for students.
- This link provides the schedule for all housing information sessions and tours of our apartment buildings. We will be doing housing information sessions at a variety of locations across campus to fit a variety of student schedules. Additionally, we will be doing tours of our apartment buildings on Wednesday, December 5.
- We have created an FAQ guide to help answer some questions you may have about the process.
- This link provides step-by-step directions on how to log into the housing portal through Murphy Online and how to complete the application online prior to February 10.
- This is a link to the Student Residence Agreement which is what you agree to by living on campus. You electronically sign that you will abide by the terms of this agreement when you apply for housing.
- If you would like to learn more about living off-campus and the resources available to you, including one-on-one advising opportunities through our Off-Campus Student Life Office, this link will provide you more information on how to utilize these resources.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at (651) 962-6470, in person at the Residence Life Office in Koch Commons 106 (Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.), or via email at email@example.com.