The following rules apply to courses taken on this basis:
- THIS COURSE WILL NOT SATISFY ANY CORE CURRICULUM REQUIREMENT.
- No more than 1/8 of the courses taken at the University of St. Thomas may be taken on the S-D-R grading option.
- Students must complete an S-D-R Option form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office in person for any courses taken
on this basis. This must be done no later than the published deadline for the given semester. If the course is in the major or minor department or allied field, the form must have the signature of the Department Chair/Program Director.
- If the student receives a letter grade of C- or above, the mark of S (satisfactory) and credit will be given. If the grade of D, D+, or D- is received, the student has the option of: (1) accepting a mark of R with no effect on the GPA and no credit earned, or (2) earning the credit with the grade of D, D+, or D- being recorded and used in computing the GPA.
- This grading option cannot be changed or revoked after the published deadline.
Click here to view and print the form.