Visit our online ordering page.
St. Thomas employees and students should start by clicking the "log in" button in the upper right corner. To log in with your St. Thomas username and password, choose "log in using your U of St. Thomas account."
External clients should start by clicking "register now" in the upper right corner to create an account.
We request 3 business days to complete orders. If you don't need your order that soon, you may choose another due date in the future.
If you need your order in less than 2 full business days, you may request a rush order. A rush fee will be added to your order.
If you get a system configuration error or are unable to log into your account after successfully doing so in the past, clear your internet browser history and try logging in again.
We recommend logging out of the system each time you're done placing an order, that could help avoid a log in error on your next visit.
Here's a guideline for stock weight and style:
- 20# text is most commonly found in copy machines, it's a standard copy paper weight.
- 60# text is a multipurpose paper used in the office printer, it's also the most popular business letterhead or stationery weight.
- 70# text and 80# text are perfect for brochures and presentations.
- 65# cover is a sturdy stock that's great for postcards, menus and posters.
- 80# cover is a heavy cardstock, and the most conventional business card weight.
- 100# cover is a noticeably heavier cardstock often used for flat cards or invitations.
We stock a variety of paper colors, which are all listed in our online ordering system. Not every color is available at every stock weight. If you need something that isn't listed as a choice, please contact us about a special paper order.
Coated paper has a glossy finish. Uncoated paper has a matte finish.
We are able to do stapling, folding, collating, hole punching, laminating and binding. Standard options are available within the ordering system. If you need an option that is not listed, please contact us.
Please note that finishing services add to the price of your print project.
Here are descriptions of mounting options for posters and other signage, listed from least expensive to most expensive:
- Foam core: the most inexpensive option, well-suited for indoor use, may dent or warp
- Corrugated plastic: most often used for lawn signs, waterproof, lightweight
- Sintra: a durable, lightweight and moisture resistant board made from PVC, at 3mm it's the thinnest option
- Gator board: a very rigid polystyrene foam surface which is resistant to moisture and warping, available in 3/16" and 1/2" thickness
When placing your order, choose bleed if you would like your item to have printing to the finished edge.
Bleed refers to printing that extends beyond the trim area of your printed piece. Printers can't print right to the edge of a sheet, so any standard size prints with bleed must be printed on a larger sheet and cut down to size. For example, an 8.5x11 page with bleed must be printed on an 11x17 sheet and then cut to size.
We prefer either a PDF or a packaged InDesign file. If your project was created using other software, such as Microsoft Word, Power Point or Publisher, please convert your document to a PDF before submitting your file.
Some other file submission guidelines:
- Make sure your document is the same size as the printed item you're ordering. For example, if you want an 11x17 poster, don't submit an 8.5x11 file. This can create a slower turnaround time for you, and we may need to return the file to you for adjustment.
- If your job is going to be folded, we suggest printing a copy in your office and folding the paper in the way you'd like your finished product to be folded. This helps ensure that there aren't problems with folding the way you intended.
- Make sure the page order is correct and we're aware of the page order. Adding folios (page numbers) to booklets assists the printer and the reader.
- If you will select saddle stitching (staples along the spine of a booklet or brochure), always divide your page count by 4. If not divisible, add blank pages; it will be faster and less expensive than inserts.
- If your job will be printed in black and white, submit a black and white file.
If you need help putting together a file for your print project, please contact us at 651-962-6585 or email email@example.com to get started with a graphic design order.
If you need help putting together a file for your print project, please contact us at 651-962-6585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
We have a graphic designer on staff and can assist with:
- Updating a previous print project
- Creating a new project from scratch
- Making sure your project adheres to University branding standards
We are able to do projects of all sizes. Examples of projects we commonly design are brochures, signage, mailings, posters, postcards, invitations, handouts and more.
Design services will be billed at an hourly rate of $80 per hour, with a minimum charge of $20.
In step 7 of the online order form, you'll be able to enter delivery information.
Hold for pickup indicates that you would like to pick up your order on campus. You have two options: pick up at The Print Shop, located in the lower level of Murray-Herrick or on the Minneapolis campus on the first floor of TMH. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are not open for evening or weekend pickups.
For delivery to an on-campus location, choose Ship to Address, where you can enter your campus location for delivery. Make sure your mail stop is included! There is no additional cost for on-campus deliveries.
If you would like your order shipped to an address off campus, choose the Ship To Address option, and enter the location your order should be sent to. The cost of shipping will be added to your order.
When your order is complete, you will recieve an email notification to let you know your order is ready for pick up, is out for campus delivery, or has been shipped.
In step 7 of the online ordering process, you will be given a price estimate based on the options you have entered. You may still make changes your order before submitting it if you need to adjust the price.
If you would like to discuss a unique project and get a detailed price estimate, please reach out to us at 651-962-6585 or email@example.com.
To make a repeat order of something you have ordered in the past:
- Log in to the online ordering system
- Click "My Orders"
- Click "View" on the previous order that you would like to repeat
- Click the "Copy Order" button
- Review the copied order, and make any changes.
- Save your changes
- Click "Submit Order"
This process works for repeats of orders placed after August 17, 2020. Orders placed in our old ordering system, SCOOP, are not available to be copied in our current system.
Members of our campus community are welcome (and encouraged) to place orders for personal use. We can print your family holiday cards, wedding invitations, photos or posters for home décor and more. We can even design these items for you with our in-house graphic designer.
To pay for your personal orders, please enter "personal" in the spot for an index number. You will then need to bring payment to The Print Shop prior to receiving your completed order.
You may pay for your order using eXpress account funds, a credit/debit card, or a check.
You will receive an order confirmation email once your order has been submitted. You will also receive an email when your order is completed.
If you do not see an email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox within a few minutes of submitting your order, please check your spam/junk mail folder. If your confirmation email went to junk mail, please add email@example.com to your contacts list and/or mark the messages as "not spam" or "not junk" to ensure future emails related to Print Shop orders are routed to your inbox.