Initiatives for a stronger University of St. Thomas
President Sullivan has driven the University of St. Thomas' progress on a variety of initiatives that spring from the university's new strategic plan, "St. Thomas 2020: Living Our Mission, Expanding Our Horizon":
- A new branding strategy, "All for the Common Good"
- A comprehensive campus master-planning process
- An exploration of the possibility of a two-year college at St. Thomas as a way to increase access to and affordability of undergraduate education.
President Sullivan also has encouraged the St. Thomas faculty and staff who created:
- A new "maker space" in Anderson Student Center
- A $2.1 million campus microgrid research and testing facility
- A new core requirement for St. Thomas undergraduates: Writing Across the Curriculum.
- STELAR, a new St. Thomas E-Learning and Research Center to enhance teaching and learning through innovative, transformative technologies.