Off-Campus Green Move-out Initiative
Off-Campus Student Life and the Office of Sustainability Initiatives are collaborating to make move-out as “green” — or environmentally friendly — as possible for neighborhood students. We also want to make move-out easier!
To that end: Facilities Management is allowing off-campus students to donate or discard items on campus this year, including electronics, shelf-stable food, small furniture items and kitchen goods. Resource areas are available now until Friday, May 21, in the following locations:
- Lot G near Tommie East Residence Hall
- Lot O near Grace Residence Hall (south campus)
- Lot B near Morrison Residence Hall
In addition, smaller donatable items such as clothing or shoes in good condition, books, and shelf-stable food may be dropped off until Tuesday, June 1, in the following campus locations:
- Koch Commons lower-level entrance or first floor, near Brady Hall entrance
- Morrison Residence Hall, skyway level
- Tommie East and Tommie North, first floor, elevator lobby
Urge your students who have large pieces of furniture (couches, mattresses) or still usable electronics to contact Amy Gage, director of neighborhood relations, at 651-962-6123 or email@example.com. Amy can provide them a resource list of nonprofits that may accept their “good condition” items or help arrange for disposal. Priority will be given to seniors who are graduating and moving out for good!