Academic Counseling and Support November Update
November is here! Below are some updates to share with your student(s).
Important upcoming dates and deadlines
- Students can check posted mid-term grades via Murphy Online (Student Services -> Student Records -> Midterm grades).
- The earlyregistration period for J-term and Spring Semester is November 13th -- December 1st. Students can find their registration “time ticket” (specific registration date/time) via Murphy Online (Student Services -> Registration -> Registration Status). Students are required to consult with their assigned advisor about their registration plans every semester. After this consultation, the advising hold released, allowing each student to register for classes when his/her registration date/time arrives. Students can view the names of their assigned advisor within their online degree evaluation (Student Services -> Student Records -> Degree Evaluation). Students are strongly encouraged to access and monitor their degree progress by reviewing their degree evaluation with regularity.
- First-year students: Feeling stressed or worried about registration logistics? The office of Academic Counseling & Support is hosting registration assistance consultations November 21st thru the 22nd on the first floor of Murray-Herrick Center (in front of the Academic Counseling & Support Office). Academic counselors and students who are seasoned about the online registration process will be available to assist first-year students with enrollment logistics. Please note that this assistance is intended to assist students with registration logistics. Students should consult with their advisors and have their holds released prior to these dates. There will be warm beverages and treats, too!
- The Academic Counseling & Support website has great registration information and tools for students. Check out these resources; Registration Information and Registration Tools.
- Monday,November 20th is the last day to withdraw from a class without a grade of F.
- Thanksgiving break is November 23 – 26. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
- The last day of fall semester classes is Friday, December 15th. Study Day is Monday, December 18, and finals week is December 19 – 22.
If you feel like you could benefit from some extra study help prior to final exam week, check out some of St. Thomas’ study resources.
- Several academic tutor schedules are available online on the Center for Student Achievement website. If you do not see your department listed, contact academic departments or your professor for more information.
- If you feel behind and need to catch up in any given class, “Getting Back On Track When You Are Behind” provides some great tips!
You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. C.S. Lewis