Minnesota Private Colleges’ Job & Internship Fair was a hit!
We hope that your student was one of the more than 800 St. Thomas students that registered to attend the annual Minnesota Private Colleges’ Job & Internship Fair! There were almost 300 organizations representing private, nonprofit and government employers, so there was something for everyone. The Career Development Center will be distributing a couple of different surveys to get feedback about this experience; thank you for encouraging your student to respond.
Career Counselor’s Tip:
Spring Break is coming up later in March – this is a great time for students to make progress on their summer internship or post-graduation job search! Suggested activities:
- Research careers and employers of interest
- Conduct information & advice interviews with professionals
- Polish the resume
- Practice answering interview questions by doing a Mock Interview appointment with a career counselor or using the online video tool, Interview Stream.
Career counselors are available to share techniques proven successful to find positions faster.
Trail of Success event:
Could your student use some career tips, a quick resume review or do they have questions about upcoming class registration? Career Development and Academic Counseling and Support will be holding an event on March 15th at 12 pm to answer any burning questions students may have.
Job & Internship Search-related Seminars/Workshops
- Job & Internship Search Strategies, March 16 at 12:30 pm
- Link & Learn with LinkedIn, March 20th at 12 pm
- Effective Interviewing, April 12th at 12 pm
A variety of career preparation seminars & events are offered weekly, see our website for a complete list.
Individual appointments and pop-in hours can be scheduled by calling, 651-962-6761.