2020-21 Res. Life On-Campus Room Applications
Residence Life would like to remind you about the on-campus room application and selection process for 2020-21. Now is the time when current students and residents should re-apply for housing for the next academic year. In February, students will select housing through our web-based system.
Our process for selection will be completed by February 26, so it is important that students are aware of the selection process timeline that can be found here.
Residence Life will have housing available for student selection in a variety of price points and styles including apartments, suites, pods, and traditional dorm-style housing. Students who will be living on campus will also be able to apply for the parking lottery for contract parking underneath Morrison and Flynn Halls for the 2020-21 academic year.
There are many ways students benefit from living on campus. We encourage you to talk with your student about these benefits and have them apply through the housing portal in Murphy Online. Some of these benefits include:
- Easy access to student support services including live-in staff and student leaders
- Cost includes all utilities (heat, electric, water, trash, HD cable TV, wired and wireless internet, lawn care and snow removal) and there are no hidden costs
- Living on-campus is convenient with a 5-minute walk or less to the library, classes, Center for Student Achievement, AARC and the ASC
- Residence Halls offer enhanced safety and security of card entry to buildings, on-duty staff, and public safety
- Students studying abroad do not pay cancellation fees or need to find subleases
- Application to live on campus is free to complete
If your student has any questions, please encourage them to reach out to us as soon as possible; they can stop by our office in Koch 106 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., call us at 651-962-6470, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.