OISS is Ready to Welcome New Spring Semester Students
The Office of International Students & Scholars is getting ready to welcome new international undergraduate and graduate students this spring semester. Spring International Orientation Week began on Monday, January 23 and will finish on Friday, January 27. During this week of orientation, OISS helps new international students get accustomed to their new lifestyle in the United States and start discovering what is great about being a Tommie.
OISS and other offices organize a number of events and programs to welcome new international students:
- Airport pickups for students flying to Minneapolis
- Welcome dinner organized by the office of International Admissions
- Bowling, dinner, and socializing with current international students
- A trip to Target to get the important necessities
- A full day of orientation to cover the important topics
- A trip to the St. Paul Winter Festival and a happy hour social for graduate students
OISS invites staff and faculty to welcome our new international students to St. Thomas as well as welcome back our current international students who travelled back home over the winter break.