Career Corner – Year in Review
The Career Development Center supports students from ALL majors! We are proud to review here the career education and employer networking opportunities that have been offered to St. Thomas students this academic year. Here are some of the fantastic Career Center highlights from 2018-2019.
Career Center special events included:
- Pathfinders Career Exploration J-Term full-day event for Arts & Sciences students
- Ecolab Career Trek company tour for science and mechanical engineering students
- WCCO-TV Career Trek company tour for journalism students
- AmeriCorps Panel - Exploring Service Careers
- Health Careers Showcase Panel and Employer Information Fair
1,400 students participated in Career Development Center programming.
570 student interviews took place on campus during the fall, spring numbers are still being tallied.
10 Employer Information Sessions were held on campus with the following companies:
- Google Finance in Silicon Valley, California (remote conversation)
- Google, Inc.
- INROADs, Inc.
- Keyot (consulting)
- Target Headquarters
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
- Wright Medical
67 companies conducted on-campus interviews for full-time jobs and internships.
85 career workshops and presentations took place in fall 2018, spring event numbers being tallied.
600 Tommies attended Minnesota’s Private Colleges Job & Internship Fair featuring 300 employers from all industries and sectors.